SR20 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
soiledxdesire said:
awesome vid...im the guy in front of you in the b14...im amazed at how well i kept up with most of you guys...i only have a ga16de and i passed quite a few people that day exept you greg haha you were just a bit to fast lol maybe next time if i have some more power i can be some competition...but all in all my lines werent to bad considering that was my first time on a road coarse =)
You didn't pass me either :D But you did do a great job driving the car. I to would fall back a little and watch before I passed. I learned my lines were better than some and worse than some. Overall I think everybody in the novice class was pretty well rounded w/ the exception of a certain RWD car ;)
John

·
det dummy
98 Posts
haha yeah way to be subtle i wonder who you could be talking about haha...but its you guy and your damn turbos i cant keep up with =( someday....someday

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
soiledxdesire said:
haha yeah way to be subtle i wonder who you could be talking about haha...but its you guy and your damn turbos i cant keep up with =( someday....someday
I'm just pickin on that car cause it took me almost two laps to get a point by. Kudos to you on the driving though, you did an excellent job manipulating your car. David Evans in his egg really surprised me too. I could hardly gain any ground on him in the turns. I'm really looking forward to May, even though I'll be flogging a rental.

John

Edit: I stayed in 3rd gear the whole track with the exception of shifting to 4th in the straights,as did GP, in an effort to save our trannies. Corner exits didn't quite have the grunt of the NA cars w/ my laggy .82 exhaust housing. You guys would put a good car on me coming out of the corners. I thought the autos might have the same problem w/ downshifting, but you and John Paul were putting em through the paces.

John

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
I would turn OD off when I hit the double cones for the last turn as I started braking. Then would downshift into 2nd going into the last turn. Then coming out I would be at about 4k. Take that to redline put it in D, and turn OD on. Take that to the brake point for the first turn and instead of braking turn OD back off.

I work my Auto tranny, and after hitting 100k on the course I think it is holding up just fine! ;)

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
trance34 said:
I would turn OD off when I hit the double cones for the last turn as I started braking. Then would downshift into 2nd going into the last turn. Then coming out I would be at about 4k. Take that to redline put it in D, and turn OD on. Take that to the brake point for the first turn and instead of braking turn OD back off.

I work my Auto tranny, and after hitting 100k on the course I think it is holding up just fine! ;)

Who ever said auto's were for sissy's? You had more going on than a manual tranny.

John

21 - 26 of 26 Posts