SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check finally came in today, and I ordered the JWT ECU for my 97 SE-R. Quick, someone wish me luck!!!!!

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Johnny GreenBack:
My check finally came in today, and I ordered the JWT ECU for my 97 SE-R. Quick, someone wish me luck!!!!!</font>
good luck! hope you got/get cam/cams to take advantage of the increased redline.
still, witnessing the speedo past ~115mph is a good thing, sometimes ;-)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
By far the best mod for the way expensive price. I cannot say anymore about mine. Now when you go down the track no more 4th gear!!!

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I pretty excited myself!! I rarely break over 100mph, so I hope the other changes will be worth it!!!

Maybe now I'll actually RACE someone. Never even tried to race anyone, except for this one Geo Tracker who decided to race me one night. I was like "Uhhhh...what is this guy doing??"

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
IMO the big thing about the JWT is the increased rev range, NOT the speed limiter. Unless you are nutz you won't be taking your car past 115mph anyways on public roads.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ - 14's oh so close

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
IMO the big thing about the JWT is the increased rev range, NOT the speed limiter. Unless you are nutz you won't be taking your car past 115mph anyways on public roads.

</font>
That's what I'm thinkin'.....

·
Registered
705 Posts

</font>
Oh, and like you havent ever hit your limiter

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Storm you are so full of ****!!! Everyone has hit the limiter on their cars. I hit mines the day I got the car and I have hated it since. Til that day that you get the ECU and say wow its nice doing +120MPH or damn the car feels better at +7100RPM. You have got to be kidding me. Man you are going to love that ECU!! I know I love mines...Have fun and drive safe with it

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I've hit the rev limiter... not the speed limiter, but thats only b/c Im a 17 y/o biotch w/ no money to replace a motor or a crashed car

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

·
Registered
705 Posts
Honestly, no, I never hit my speed limiter. </font>

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thanks Ryan. Anybody else here care to say they did not hit the limiter on both ends? Rev/Speed??

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've only hit my speed limiter. Honestly. I 've came really close to the rev limiter, but always just a little short....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have you all beat. I have hit my rev and speed limiter on the nitrous. beat that.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FedEx tracking services tell me that my ECU is in Fort Worth (I'm in Houston). So close, yet so far!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed the bad boy on Saturday. Now I'm running the JWT intake and ECU, along with my catback. I'm impressed with the results and to top it off, the install was super simple. Well worth the money.

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake
2 1/4 Exhaust
Short Shifter thats still too tall...
Other nifty items...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
All of you doubting I never hit my speed limiter need some serious help. Whats so hard to believe? I never took my 98 past like 105mph EVER. I see no purpose.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ goodies
15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I haven't hit my speed limiter in a LONG time. Probably been two years or so. I loved the ECU, especially with the cams(and I didn't even have the cam program). It really improved the throttle respone down low in the revs. And damn, it was nice to have the bumped up rev limiter!

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts