SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help indaglo helppppp
well i installed my indaglo gauges today and now my speedo and tach dont move,the temp needle moves when you turn the car on and i'm not sure about the gas,i didnt remove the neddles just worked them through the hole i can move them by hand but wont move by them self hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp i still have the cluster apart??????????????????????????????

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I have a nice 1.6 cluster with tach for sale if you need one. $80 shipped. Let me know if you need pics.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The same thing happened to me, but not as severe. When you slip the solid hole of the indiglos over the needle base that has the protruding piece of plastic on the end, the gauge covers get curled up causing the needle not to function. I took a very small flathead ( you could use anything that is sturdy enough on the tip), with a t-shirt type cloth wrapped around it and gently, and I mean gently, push from the outside of the center hole in to make the edges stay flat. It will take a half hour or so to get them perfect but its worth it as opposed to being caught doing 70 in a 45!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> PR CAI, Cat Back, ST Shifter & Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, & JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
are you sure that the gauges are getting power? that could have something to do w/ it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The same thing happened to me and I have yet to fix my speedo. My tach works but in light driving conditions. When drivinh hard the tach jumps around way too much. I took pictures when installing my indiglo gauges so I could remember where my gas needle was. You can fix all of them, but if you are really concerned you can always buy a used cluster from the junkyard.

My speedo is at 40MPH when I am parked

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER
http://photos.yahoo.com/nyceser

·
Registered
400 Posts
i installed everything pretty fine, except speed-o... smart thing to do take needle of very lightly... start car, shift to first, but dont go, then slowly slide needle back on, dont force it... put needle pointing to 0 of course, then back up a bit drive around with windows up just incase wind doesn't f00k with the speed o.. easy as pie

------------------
Kenneth

1996 RED 200sx SE-R w/dynomax Superturbo Exhaust

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
uhm...i think i'll have a professional do it.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
400 Posts
most of the " pros " around here wouldn't do it, cause they didnt wanna be held responsible...

------------------
Kenneth

1996 RED 200sx SE-R w/dynomax Superturbo Exhaust

G

·
0 Posts
I put on white guages in my SE-R and it was tricky at first. the hardest thing to do is get the guages accurate again. After my first attempt to put the needles on the readings were all messed up when I reconnected it and all, then I pulled the needles off and started the car, put the tach back on where it idles warm. the way u can tell if the tach is right is to hit the rev limiter. as for the speedo, mine is off by 6 mph, still trying to figure out how to calibrate that. As for the gas and the temp, well mine are, for the most part accurate. I know a warm temp will be somewhere in the middle of the temp range. I think what i'm going to do for the gas guage is fill it up all the way and then reput the needle back on again while the car is running. One last thing,. make sure u push the needls all the way down or the readings will be wrong. Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts