SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any interest at a geekout at my place Dec 8 or 15?

In Kokomo, IN, 45 miles North of Indianapolis. Jacen99SE would like to come to my place in general one of those weekends so I decided to ask if anyone would want to make it an event. Ben Moses would probably be there with his DETized 92 classic too.

Incentives- 4 car heated garage with great lighting. I know how to do about anything from changing plugs to clutch jobs so anything goes. Got room for about 9-10 cars to be worked on simultaneously, 5-6 of them on concrete to be in the air (not all in the garage). :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey man its rick from the KC geekout.... I may have some vacation time coming up and i would be more than willing to come out. That and i need to drill and tap my block for an oil return and i know you have the stuff..... :D

Keep me posted please i haven't decided when i am going to take my vacation but it needs to be before the end of the year. I got a weeks worth... hmmmmmm Geekout, auburn cord duesenburg museum, indy museum, maybe a trip up to the henry ford museum in detroit.

Cool a 'round the midwest tour..... hehe:)

Later, keep me posted.
Rick

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Come on, I expected a better response than this.

Go buy something and then come install it at Ben's. Or just come show off what you have and look at a bunch (hopefully) of different cars and mods and meet more people.

You cincinatti guys aren't very far from his place. Saaby, I'd like to get a ride in your car with the GC/AGX on a dry day, instead of a puddle filled night. Are you still having clutch problems?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Dec 8th won't work for me, but Dec 15th might. I'll see what's going on that weekend.

·
Registered
727 Posts
IM IN BEN! Youll get to see your old A-pillar!!! :D

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Let me know a spacific date and I might make the treck. 200 miles is a quite a drive but I would like to meet *some* of you. :D

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric can't come the 8th so waiting for his response to see if the 15th will work for him....

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well both are bad for me but like that matters.... Ill come up some other time. 8th is weekend before finals, while i could do it i think i should atleast act like a good student. 15th, well im a car nut at heart but, thats graduation day. Dad already said I have to walk so guess i have to be in cookeville that day. Oh well....have fun without me and bench press a tranny once or twice in my memory :D

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
What kind of work are you planning on doing to Jason's car?
I don't have a whole lot planned right now. Maybe I should start spending some money... :D

I bought the ES bushing kit for the 91. I also bought the motor mount inserts and the steering rack bushings. I wasn't planning on doing the steering rack bushings (since you need to remove the tranny, I think) but the rest of the bushings (front and rear sway bar, rear control arms, shifter, motor mounts, and tie rod end boots) and I'll be bringing the front control arms from the 99SE (and my own drill and drill bits, Ben) to put those bushings in.

·
Registered
306 Posts
if things fall in place like they are supposed to, my car will be running good and i will head out there.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welp, Eric can't come unfortunately. Anybody else prefer one of the two dates? I currently have no preference.

And I have plenty of room if you want to stay here. Have two couches, unfortunately no extra beds since we just moved here, but have two rooms you could sleep on the floor, two other rooms with couches, and 3/4 of the aformentioned rooms have floorspace for several more people so if anyone needs to stay over I have free space. Unfortunately after 2 folks it will be the floor.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey Ben if ya pick a date (either one) i will come out if ya got the stuff to do the drill and tap on the block for the oil drain. I need to do that but let me know if ya got the stuff. Also if there is anything else special that i will need besides oil pan gasket and such let me know. I am in as long as you can set a date and let me know. I need to let my boss know when i will be taking vacation but either week will work.

BTW can i have one of the couches by any chance? Hehe
Thanks man.
Rick

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We can certainly do that. I will get my dad to see if he can find another plug or three of the right size at work. Otherwise we can find one at Lowe's. I've got the drill and tap here. This would take "all day" basically. We'll need to remove the crossmember, both oil pans, etc. It will be MUCH better to do with several people helping. A couple can be cleaning the oil pan mating surfaces while we are drilling and stuff.

I if someone doesn't pick a date, I will pick the 8th because my wife will be gone and won't have to deal with all you ruffians :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
200sx se-r welcome?

hey wus up guys im new to this forum and looking for people to ask about the good mods for the 200sx se-r w/ the sr20de motor hoping to get some good recommendations from experts
...current mods
cold air intake, trust cat back exhaust, pacesetter short shifter, nos dry system(50shots) w/ cyberdyne air/fuel meter......
........thanks and hope to hear from you guys .....im from chicago, il by the way......i just wanted to also know about that get together peace out

·
Registered
312 Posts
hey ben The eight sounds really good to me....
If you can let me know what the size on the whole is (thread size) i can pick up a plug here at work (remember i work at an auto parts store) Also Is there actually a gasket for the lower oil pan or is it just silicone down there. I know the upper is all just silicone but i can't remember if the lower has a gasket of some sort on it.

I will look at work tomorrow and see if there is any listing for one by Fel-Pro and if there is i will pick it up. If there is anything else you can think of that i will need let me know. Exhuast gasket off the header maybe? and do we need to remove the header from the block? I wanna be able to come out with all the stuff i am gonna need so we don't have to make a run for the parts store or dealer.

Let me know and talk to ya later.
Rick

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I'm down.

I'm down for a geekout. WOuld love the chance to get my hands dirty on an SR20. Course I may be a little out of place by having the only GA there, but who cares. And the 8th would be fine for me.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
We'll need to remove the crossmember, both oil pans, etc. It will be MUCH better to do with several people helping.
Cool. I want to help since I will be doing this sometime.

Also Is there actually a gasket for the lower oil pan or is it just silicone down there.
Pretty sure it is just silicone, either grey or black. Probably grey.

WOuld love the chance to get my hands dirty on an SR20. Course I may be a little out of place by having the only GA there, but who cares.
Can I have a ride?

The 8th is good for me. :D

1 - 20 of 136 Posts