SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my car is on its 3rd engine and throughout it all, my surging and idle problem(it almost stalls 5 or 6 times at the beginning of every drive). Ive tried cleaning the tb and egr tube, no change. after 2 1/2 years im tired of it and would really like to get rid of it :) Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump. b/c so many ppl are postin nowadays, nothin like way back 'n 2001

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, after some driving it no longer surges nor attempts to stall.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I have this problem and I've yet to solve mine. I'm guess it's either the IACV Air Regulator or the IACV-AAC, which is the combination part near your oil filter, that has the FICD, AACV and the idle adjustment screw. I've cleaned mine and no change, and I've adjusted my Air Regulator. I've got used spares I'm going to swap in to see if I can resolve the issues before the weather warms up and I can't get it to replicate the problems.

·
I can spell you.....
823 Posts
Hey please look at this thread. and go through all the posts, and esp watch the video and tell me if it's the same. thanks.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=58802

Looks like this is a Nissan problem huh? Toolapcan, pls keep me updated on parts you test. We can minimize things that can be wrong. Take a look at what I've done too, changes throughout the tread (thinking something worked, but then eventually stalled). Have you guys replaced/tested anything yet?

Once I make some extra money I'm going to get a full ECU test done.... I really can't afford that now, and as just stated, one the spring/summer comes, the stalling stops.

This is the strangest car problem I've ever heard of, and now one has ever been able to fix it. :mad:

It's really embarrassing when I've had my car parked for a couple hrs in town, then pull our of my parking spot into bumper to bumper traffic (without letting it warm up), and my car starts bucking. Man I get some funny expressions from pedestrians! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts