SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of my turbo buildup and was putting in the JGY fuel rail with some 50# MSD's. Well the rail is used and came from a lowport motor as mine is, but am having issues with the brackets that came with it. Are there any differences between the '94 lowports and later lowport models? The 2 angle brackets aren't even close to lining up to anything. And the emissions stuff is mounted to a bracket that is in the way of the rail. Anyone have any ideas?
For the record, swapping out injectors in a lowport is a HUGE PAIN. :mad:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Chris you have a highport? Or just a BB?

se-r pastor,

I will deff. second that changing injectors on a lowport is a major PITA. I would just call Jason (or anyone) at JGY and see what they say.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Tomcat5678 said:
Chris you have a highport? Or just a BB?
I don't think it matters, the IM is the same from the highport DE to the DET motor. Only difference being one extra vacuum port.

But he does have the avenir motor I am pretty sure.

Brent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
sorry se-r pastor for jacking your thread. But can anyone with this setup possibly take a picture or already have a picture of their setup to help this guy out? Or again like I said, just call JGY.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I'll call JGY, to see if there are different brackets. Got to get injector clips anyway

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
se-r pastor said:
Guess I'll call JGY, to see if there are different brackets. Got to get injector clips anyway
se-r pastor,

How are those gauges looking? Almost ready to be used finally it looks like.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tomcat5678 said:
se-r pastor,

How are those gauges looking? Almost ready to be used finally it looks like.
They look great still in the boxes :)
I'm getting there, but it's one headache after another. No wonder turbo kits are so expensive. I have clearance issues on the dogbone mount, no room for fans, AC may or may not work out, Fuel rail. And I haven't even blown up the tranny yet. :confused:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
se-r pastor said:
They look great still in the boxes :)
I'm getting there, but it's one headache after another. No wonder turbo kits are so expensive. I have clearance issues on the dogbone mount, no room for fans, AC may or may not work out, Fuel rail. And I haven't even blown up the tranny yet. :confused:
That's good about the gauges!
I am very lucky that my setup went in pretty painlessly except for the e-manage stuff being new to a lot of people but that was very minor. I was also lucky that I still have both stock fans, A/C is gone and had no other clearance issues. Also my tranny is still in one piece. (Maybe not for long after next round of upgrades.) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts