Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, doesen't anybody know anything?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
If you injectors weren't functioning properly your car wouldn't drive well

If you want to amplify the sound of your injectors stick the butt end of a screwdriver up to your ear and the other end on the injector.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
my injectors make a loud ticking noise too, and i have always wonderd if they are suposed to do that ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
are you guys SURE that its the injectors? my engine ticks a bit but i dont tihnk its the injectors. i think its a valve. but the ticking seems really faint to be a valve. and since the lifters are hydraulic, there are no valve adjustments to be made
so check to make sure its the injectors. maybe thats what my ticking has been all along...

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
its defnitly the injectors on my nx i unpluged on one day and the ticking went off beat, if it was the lifters it would still tick.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what should i listen for on the butt end of the screwdriver? just a steady ticking noise, but louder?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
sure its not the hydraulic lash adjusters responding to thick oil viscosity? damn man i cant imagine its the injectors. but maybe theyre just getting old and wear does that to them. might not cause performance probs, and would probly cost alot just to stop the ticking. but hey it might be worth it for your money, just not mine

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
oh THAT ticking...i've always noticed that on my 91 classic...i too thought it was something in the valvetrain. i guess i'll do that lil screwdriver trick next time i get the chance

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the car runs great...i'm using 10W40 oil..i know the SR20DE is supposed to have 5W30...

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Ok the injectors do make sounds this is why. They work like speakers. When current is supplied the end is pulled up and fuel is sprayed out cause of pressure. When current is taken away the plate goes down snaping shut cause there is a spring in there. You are hearing the plate clicking on the bottom of the injector.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i might be flipping out again, but whenever i drive, i always have my ears wide open for new noises...are the fuel injectors supposed to make a soft steady ticking noise..? is it true you can check to see if they are functioning properly by using a stethoscope?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
screwdriver? what do you mean?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
nah...i just fake it REALLY well.

like we say in the MIS area...if you dont know what you are doing, come up with a bunch of fancy explainations and sound smart

1 - 16 of 16 Posts