SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna put the boost up and don't want to have to upgrade again, what kind of injectors should I get and where is the best place to get them??

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Depends on how much HP you're going to do. I honestly do not recommend the 72 lb injectors unless the 50 lb ones will not be enough, and you have to go over 400 wheel HP for them not to be enough. The 72 lb injectors are barely streetable, they're not meant for street driving. At low flow rates they don't atomize well, it's more of a drip than a spray, it causes all kinds of little driveability problems.

So my advice is 50 lb injectors unless you know for a fact that you're going way over 400 wheel HP, like 430 or more.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Do 50lb/hr injectors require these ballast resistors?

I would go with 50lb/hr at first and if you feel the need for 72lb/hr ones you should be able to sell your 50s really easily for a good price. Everybody is looking for these injectors.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
NO, the 50 lbs injectors do not require resistors.
The 50 lbs/hr injectors are 12 ohms=high impediance (did I spell that right?) where as the 72lbs are 4 ohms=low impediance
later
david lau

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a gtir engine and it allready has resistors inline, I had to put them there to get the sr20det injectors to work correctly, I think they are 6 ohm low impadence, does this mean I will have to cut them out or is there somekind of injector that will just pop in its polace that I won't have to chang resistors on.

Thanks Jason

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

1 - 7 of 7 Posts