SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a hairline crack inside the inner exhaust turbine housing near the wastegate port and wondering if that’s okay and is it safe to boost more than 8 pounds? Funny thing about it, is I haven’t even drove the car for months ever since the swap (Long story here in Cali). Should I upgrade? I don't want to if I don't really need to. According to ClassicSE-R here on the forums said they basically all crack just watch it though. Several search posts mention that it is normal. Pictures will soon follow I hope.

Suggestions and helpful information greatly appreciated.

And again thanks ClassicSE-R for you response and information regarding this issue

·
Registered
588 Posts
the cracks around the wastegate port is normal and will not do anything harmful, its normal for used turbos and will happen, nothing is going to happen its prfecty fine.

·
Registered
160 Posts

welcome to the world of old garrett turbos... they all crack around the wastegate port. you can try to weld it, but it'll just crack again.

you should have absouletely no problems running on that particular housing. it's not perfect, but it'll hold boost fine and should give you no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts