SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all the surrounding screws off and then the panel wouldnt come off. What else do i have to do? Help!!

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
You have to take off the manual window handle (the one that turns and makes the window go up and down), there are also screws where you put your hand to close the door, the plastic piece that goes behind the latch to open the door from the inside has to come off, the piece that surrounds the opening for the seatbelt has to go, and then besides the outside screws it should come off. You need to get a Haynes Manual because they have pictures for all of this in there.

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
there is two screws covered by camps in the handles. remove these. make sure to roll the window down.. its easier to remove them also.

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the surrounding screw sand the handle screws off thats when i got stumped. Is there a special tool used to get the window crank off, also are the ones in the seatbelt screw covers or plastic rivets, i couldnt seem to get them off. (scred to break them)

·
Registered
312 Posts
the seatbelt cover you're talking about just has two rivets holding it in,. and yea you dont *need* a special tool, but the window crank remover makes the job a lot easier. I've tried all the "using old shop rag" tricks, then i bought this $2 tool works like a charm. There's a little C clip holding your crank on, get that off, and you're good to go.

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
you could use a long flat screw driver as well..

the thing that hold the window crank is shaped like a U and you have to kinda seperate the ends from the top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts