·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
it doesn't look very upgradeable... All I foresee is:

CAI
ECU
Header
Exhaust

It doesn't look like much engine work will be able to be done...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that looks like some room. Looks like touching that engine in all the right spots will be pretty easy. That valve cover makes me think we have a belt driven system here...????? Is that true?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
You think that's not very upgradeable? I pity the person who buys the new RSX! Have a look at THAT engine! The exhaust manifold/header is on the BACK side of the motor against the firewall. Changing headers on that will be a BITCH! Turbo? You'll have to get VERY innovative.... I'm sure it'll be done, but the QR motor should be much easier to mod, IMHO of course!

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now look at the room this engine has for a turbo.... So now I think I have an idea..... hmmmmm...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Finaly put the alternator where it can be changed. Wonder if they took the A/C compressor off the ground. Well if this is innovation...

As for the new RSX...how hard do you think it is to change the headers on a Neon. It has the same setup. Its ideal tho, since the exhaust gas has a direct path out of the engine. Straight line no curving under the engine at a harsh 90 degree angle. And dont have to worry so much about banging up the primaries.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Wait is that front motor mount like the new 1.8 liter engine? Sideways compaired to our front mount? I think it is... And have you seen the mounts on the 1.8? All liquid filled round things...what a pain.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I agree, it doesn't look as easily upgradable as the good ol SR20. Time will tell though.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">it doesn't look very upgradeable... All I foresee is:
CAI
ECU
Header
Exhaust</font>
It looks like timing gears will be much easier. Not that there is a huge need for them with the SR20, but who knows with this one.

Looks like there is plenty of room for turbo piping. No distributor helps there.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Guys guys guys.....I don't think the QR will have many mods besides a CAI and cat-back exhaust for awhile. It's a entirely new engine. If it was a Honda, then I'd say we'd have stuff soon, but seeing how there is so little (relatively) aftermarket for the SR20 which has been around since 1990, you can expect quite awhile for mods for the QR.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they shoulda just put the sr20ve in the 2002 se-r's. about the same power, i think it maybe more.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 0805041605:
they shoulda just put the sr20ve in the 2002 se-r's. about the same power, i think it maybe more. </font>
Yup, they shoulda. They also should have:

1. Never discontinued the 300zx here
2. Made the 2002 available in 2 doors
3. Never put a lame 7100rpms rev limiter on the B14's
4. Made a 2 door Maxima......

Leave it to Nissan, the king of stupidity....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"0805041605"
Now this bloke is talking. An SR20VE would have been the smart thing to do, but would it have been as cost effective for Nissan? How many extra pennies would they have to spend to bring it to the U.S.? We'll never know.

anyone notice how big that Air flow meter looks? hmmmmmmm

[This message has been edited by cossie (edited 05-10-2001).]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Yup, they shoulda. They also should have:

1. Never discontinued the 300zx here
</font>
Wouldn't have mattered. It would not have sold well, considering how expensive it got in its last year of production. Why do you think the RX-7, Supra, and 3000GT suffered the same fate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">2. Made the 2002 available in 2 doors</font>
The 200SX never sold well during it's 4 years in production, so you could see Nissan's reluctance to produce a Sentra-chassis-based 2-door coupe for the B15 line. But if the 4-door B15 is doing well, don't be surprised to see a 2-door in the future (maybe B16 chassis... talking out of my ass here...)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">3. Never put a lame 7100rpms rev limiter on the B14's</font>
This, I agree with, along with the 109mph speed limiter. I found it strange that the B14 SR20's were subjected to this, yet the '94-'96 G20 still retained the 7500rpm rev limiter (albeit, no speed limiter, either.) Who knows... Maybe Nissan has some really good reason for doing that (okay... I'm overly defending a lost cause, here.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">4. Made a 2 door Maxima......</font>
I was going to say no market for one, but then there's the Accord Coupe and the Camry Solara... Then again, those cars had 4-cylinders available, while all Maxima's came with a V-6. 4-Door sports car was the intent of the Maxima (well, at least in the enthusiast's eyes.) 2-door Maxima might have conflicted with the non-turbo 300ZX (again, talking out of my ass here.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Leave it to Nissan, the king of stupidity....</font>
Up yours, Jordan!!!!
I'm the king of stupidity! I should know... I put an Si-R badge on my car. Nissan doesn't even come close to me... probably the Dutchess of Stupidity?

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the way things are accesable. Things that are easy from the pic are...alternator, hoses, TB, thermostat, intake, and exhaust manifold. It may not seem like much when new, but in a few years when it's time for maitanence it will matter. Also the thing will come with 170/180 hp that's a lot more hp in the same current b15 chassis. Plus a 6 speed tranny option and firmer suspension. Not to mention the fact they will come with skyline seats. As for the aftermarket support Mike K said they are already developing it and the mods will be available early in the life of the car. What else is out there in the price range that you need to mod to keep up with?

------------------
www.importpartsplus.com

The beginning...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Andrew,

I guess we'll never know. Maybe the 2-doors didn't sell well for Nissan, but I still would REALLY like to see a new 2 door 2002 SE-R. I think it would sell like crazy in todays market.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hehe, I just noticed how on all the other msgboards for other makes, people are talking about how badass the upcoming SE-R will be, but on the SE-R boards no ones content. lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We be twisted bloke.... When you be huggin and lovin your SR20DE (ahhhh, yah. ok) it's damn hard to change.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think I will like it. In about three years when I can afford it. It looks kinda like the 1.6l with the black on top. I don't really like the tape job on the spark plug wires. the rest Looks nice though.

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts