SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay gang here it is:

I finally got the HS G4 headers on behalf of some good guys from the forum. I'd like to thank David and Brad for their efforts in getting me the header in a nick of time. THANKS Any hoot I got the header installed on thursday night along with another buddy of mines. The install is pretty straight foward and was simple. We got everything off and back on in just about an hour. Good time right? Right except one thing that went bad. You all that have done headers know that getting that damn EGR lock nut back on the headers is a PITA. Well somehow that nut stripped on the first thread cauing it not to get on the header now. What I need to know is how to get it on or solve it. Anybody have the same thing happen to them that solved it? Please give me a hand cause I want that leak gone as well as the rattle from the nut bouncing around as I am on the throttle. Because of this I am not able to get a correct road test and feel the difference because I don't want to stomp on it and have something go bad. But it does feel a little better from the throttle response.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Simple, Remove the EGR tube Retap the piece that is stripped then screw it back on slowly by hand.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Like I said, ill be able to explain it better on saturday when i see you. BTW, you will not hurt the car by getting on it. Just make sure your vents arent open and you wont get exhaust fumes inside oyur car coming from your engine bay, lol
Its just annoying, thats all, nohting bad happens, other then losing the tiniest little bit of torque.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay i removed the egr tube and slowly turned it in by hand just getting the threading right after I filed it. It went in enough as I only had some vice grips and not the right size open head wrench. But you know what, IT WORKED AND THE LEAK IS GONE even though its not all the way screwed in there is no leak. ITS ALL DONE TIME FOR THE ROAD TEST FOLKS. Thanks to those for the support, you came through again!

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts