SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a Sentra with the 1.6. His engine shakes at idle so I thought he might need new motor mount inserts. The question is how hard are they to put in? Does the entire engine have to be lifted up? Also is it the top mounts that usually needs replacing or all of them? Thanks.

------------------
93 NX2000 auto, advanced timing, Hiper Flow POP filter, new motor mounts, 99k miles.

[This message has been edited by keithert (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What no answers?!

------------------
93 NX2000 auto, advanced timing, Hiper Flow POP filter, new motor mounts, 99k miles.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
if it shakes at idle it *could* be the mounts I suppose.. if they were totaly gone and it was metal on metal.. if you install motor mount inserts generally you will get *more vibrations*.
what state of tune is the car in?
If he has a bad miss at idle and needs a tune up I could see the motor shaking..

david lau

·
egg-less
348 Posts
How old is the Sentra? Do the idle vary/waiver at all? My NX2000's idle waived as much as a couple hundred RPM, until I replace the vacuum lines. Now, it is rock steady. Just a thought...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does his car make tapping noises when shaking at idle? At idle when giving gas or accelerating hard in gear-is there a banging noise after shifting? What's his idle set at? After doing all 4 mount inserts on my car and my buddy's car, it's not hard if done correctly. All you need are 2 jacks, a small piece of 2x4, and lube. Oh yeah and a hacksaw if your doing the passenger-side mount. Haven't done a 1.6, but I believe Wes can help you out on the install. If he's doing mount for sure, I can help out. Let me know.

Fred
99 Sentra SE
BTW-what color is your NX(SE-R rims?). I think i've seen you around.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oh, I forgot. You only need to lift up the area in which mount you're replacing. Once you remove a mount it will sag, that's why you need a jack to support it temporarily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts