SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed it. It weighs 13.5 lbs and cranks the car like a champ. Our Stock battery weighs 31 lbs. You save 17.5 lbs. It is a dry cell battery, so no spills if it breaks. It is used to crank V8s. It is rated at 16 Ah.

I have had the battery for over a weak now and tested it at the track. It cranked everytime despite its small size. I do not know how it will handle massive stereo equipment, but with my stock stereo it is working fine.

It fits in the stock tray on its side with no problems. You do not need anything else, even the bracket that holds the stock battery
in place can be used. It costs 131.75 when it was on sale from www.performancedistributors.com With the pound savings it is more cost effective than getting a CF hood. I am attaching some pics so you can see it.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ndahi/vwp?.dir=/Auto+Related&.dnm=dyna_installed_far.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ndahi/vwp?.dir=/Auto+Related&.dnm=dyna_stock.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

[This message has been edited by nj1266 (edited 08-16-2001).]

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
no battery tie-down? how do you secure it? it is pretty small.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
man, i wish i would have had one when i wrecked so my battery wouldn't have busted all over the place.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AntonioG:
no battery tie-down? how do you secure it? it is pretty small.
</font>
The 200SX SE-R does not have a top battery tie down. It has a side bracket that traps the battery in the tray. I used the same front brakcet to trap the Dyna-Batt. The only difference is that I put the dyna batt on its side. That is it. No other modifications need to be done. It is a dircet drop in for the 200SX SE-R

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
Woohoo!! Very nice!!!
Damn that thing is small!!!!

You always improving on something, hungh?!!
</font>
Thanks man. I have to keep lowering the weight on my car. I am at 2325 lbs dry. When I remove the sunroof and seal the hole I think I will bring the car below 2300 lbs. Reducing weight is like free horsepower

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Ah, weight reduction
It is free and I love the way it makes the car feel, much peppier and stronger.

Although I cannot myself go without the added luxuries because my 98 is my only car (I am a typical poor college student) I need all the seats in and the A/C, etc... But I did strip my car out a few times for drag racing at the track, and it definately felt faster. With no seats, floormats, spare and jack or anything else in the car I weighed 2660 with myself in it. I weigh 160lbs so thats a weight of around 2500lbs. Not bad for a heavy 98 SE
But it could be better like yours Naji. If it was my track whore I would definately do it.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It fits in the stock tray on its side with no problems. You do not need anything else, even the bracket that holds the stock battery
in place can be used. It costs 131.75 when it was on sale from www.performancedistributors.com With the pound savings it is more cost effective than getting a CF hood. I am attaching some pics so you can see it.</font>
Very nice. I know this is mostly a track car, but do you ever drive around town or run errands (ie, short trips and frequent starting)? This would be important for the rest of us.

http://www.performancedistributors.com/batteries.htm

Did you get the 5575B model?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
Very nice. I know this is mostly a track car, but do you ever drive around town or run errands (ie, short trips and frequent starting)? This would be important for the rest of us.

</font>
VERY GOOD QUESTION!!!
Heres some stuff I ran into in SCC Magazine.
For some reason they switched to a much heavier battery and "the claim" was, that it put more weight over the tires for traction.
But I think I would go with the lighter battery myself. It just looks nice and its a good "Race night" conversational piece.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SmoothDaddyFig:
VERY GOOD QUESTION!!!
Heres some stuff I ran into in SCC Magazine.
For some reason they switched to a much heavier battery and "the claim" was, that it put more weight over the tires for traction.
But I think I would go with the lighter battery myself. It just looks nice and its a good "Race night" conversational piece.
</font>
I guess from a drag racing standpoint, you'd want as much weight to the drive wheels on a FWD car to prevent weight transfer from front to rear during the launch. But from a road racing/autox standpoint, the less weight everywhere the better.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:

</font>
I ran it on a lot of short errands and it did not miss a beat. But I do not have an AC and a big stereo. I do not know if the battery can handle those. I got the model that is pictured. It is the standard model that they sell.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nj1266:
I ran it on a lot of short errands and it did not miss a beat. But I do not have an AC and a big stereo. I do not know if the battery can handle those. I got the model that is pictured. It is the standard model that they sell.
</font>
NO a/c in the LBC!!
Wow! Then again Cali doesnt get as hot as Florida.

G

·
Hey, whoever had my car before me got an aftermarket roof put in. All glass and no motor!! ( just like an NX1600, LOL )
WOOHOO, NO ADDED WEIGHT WITH A VIEW!!!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Bah, screw conventional convience. Convience for me is having the quickest car I can afford. Back seats are gone and rear of the car is gutted. I just haven't had the time to yank the AC. I don't understand why people are always bitching about how a car idles with aftermarket cams. Jack Laverty's se-r with the JUN 272's doesn't idle well cold and idles ok when warmed up. As long as it idles I don't understand the big deal if it lopes like crazy. Sorry to rant like that. I just had a girl today tell me at work that cars are "for getting from point A to point B and that modifying them is a waste of money."

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

1 - 14 of 14 Posts