SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I re-installed the hotshot today after getting it smogged and I'm having problems. When I hit 2500rpm, I get a fuel cut out and it sputters like non other. Also, the car smells like it has a test pipe. Everything was in place, no leaks from what I can see, all hoses attatched, MAF and sensor are in place. I even put back on the stock airbox after trying the CAI, and it STILL acts up on me. Perhaps the problem is not intake-related. Have any of you guys had this trouble? I want to try and avoid Nissan dealership.

Thanks

·
sr20 addict
1,133 Posts
you probably knocked a sensor or something cause
i forgot too plug the throttle body sensor back in and
it cut out when i would try to rev it, i don't know just
a thought.....

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Sounds like you MAF died. Your car is in limp mode. Do you know of anyone with a MAF that you can try? Make sure none of the wires came out of the connector.

·
Go Fast, Look Stock.
87 Posts
When I put in my HotShot I accidently broke one of the little wire bridges on the MAF......very small, very fragile. Check it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure you guys are right about the MAF, one horizontal connector is gone while there is another one on the opposing side. How much do MAF's go for?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously. I just got back the nissan dealership...$488!!! I'm gunna call around junkyards, shops, and the forums for one. If anyone has one, help a guy out:)

·
SE-R BUM
1,014 Posts
try our classified section... you might be able to get bored out one or even a stock one... or search

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K, I got one and I'm picking it up tomorrow. From this pic, am I missing a bridge? There's supposed to be 2 right?

·
Go Fast, Look Stock.
87 Posts
Yep........supposed to be 2. Same exact thing happened to me. I got a G20 one from a junkyard for like $10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts