SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it on this weekend. The cat bolts were a pain, the AIV tube I could not get loose from the stock manifold. (I just used the plug supplied and a rubber plug for the little black box) I added a brand new O2 sensor as well. Folks if you are thinking about getting one, DO IT. I can feel a difference in how the car runs. Esp. above 4,000rpm. What's really cool is I can totally hear the air getting sucked in through my Stillen Pop Charger. It was not this loud before. (engine can breath better) Two big thumbs up for Hotshot!!!

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
wait, they supply a plug for the AIV hole when you buy the header?

what all came with your header?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
silversx said:
wait, they supply a plug for the AIV hole when you buy the header?

what all came with your header?

That is correct. I've bought 2 different Hotshot G3's and both came with one gasket and a plug and nuts and washers and stuff.

Funny though, I didn't feel a damned difference at all when I put Hotshot on my 91. But DAMN did I ever feel it on the 98.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Hey Ralph. Heard you called me this past weekend. I was in Kershaw for the time trial at CMP. Sounds like everything went well. Aren't those cat bolts a PITA??

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Silver, you get;

The header, the mid-pipe, 3 bolts & nuts and a copper gasket to connect the header & mid-pipe together. You get a OEM Nissan gasket for your exhaust ports off your head. (engine to header gasket) One 25mm AIV plug, instructions and license plate frame, one decal, and lastly the warranty card. I think that about does it.

Almost forgot.
What you do not get is a new gasket from your mid-pipe to your cat. Nor do you get new cat nuts, nor do you get new engine nuts or studs. I had brian send me new studs and nuts for the engine along with my O2 sensor but forgot the cat nuts & gasket. They are in rough shape & did not want to go back on. (Just trying to save everybody some headaches)

Matt

Yeah you said it bro. You would'nt happen to have an extra AIV tube laying around would you. I rounded the head off mine with vicegrips! Thanks, how was the time trial?:D

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
You would'nt happen to have an extra AIV tube laying around would you. I rounded the head off mine with vicegrips! Thanks, how was the time trial
I have exactly one AIV tube and it's on my car :D

The time trail was FUN. Shoulda been there. There was some unfortunate (car) carnage. A guy in a supercharged Miata spun and hit the tire wall going backwards. His seat broke and his helmet hit the only non padded portion of his roll bar. He had a concussion and thought he was Batman for a few hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts