SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a POP charger tonight. Does anything have to be done to get the computer to realize that there is now more air coming in. The first time I drove it tonight it seemed like it wasn't kicking down into passing gear as easily. After a few miles that seemed to go away.

------------------
93 NX2000 auto, advanced timing, new motor mounts, 99k miles.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Shouldn't have to. The MAF sensor will tell the computer about the added flow.

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies and a matching child car seat!
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I know that when certain mods are done to our cars, it takes the ecu a day or two to adjust to it. Or, you can disconnect your negative battery cable for 24 hrs or so and it will reset, or at least i believe thats how it works.

------------------
White
92 Nx2000
Cone intake, 19* timing, bosal performance muffler, 2.25" custom cat-back

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
I know that when certain mods are done to our cars, it takes the ecu a day or two to adjust to it. Or, you can disconnect your negative battery cable for 24 hrs or so and it will reset, or at least i believe thats how it works.
</font>
You shouldn't have to reset the ECU... It will adapt regardless. That's the beauty of MAF-driven systems.

You'd probably want to reset the ECU to get rid of a nagging check-engine light, though if that were the case, I'd try to diagnose the problem so that it would never come back.

--Andrew Phan

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Never understood why people always say just undo the battery. There is a little screw that will do it really quickly. And tell you if you have any problems.

But you are probaly just immagineing things. I did the same thing on mine when i put the pop on. Give it a few days and everything will feel normal again. not only that but make sure your timeing and idle are good in a week or so. that will make the pop and auto feel so much better.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
Registered
450 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
After I put my POP charger on, I felt all empty and used inside
What a waste of my money
</font>
You should have at least gotten a nice dinner first. You have to play a little hard to get.......b4 giving up the goodies.

Sorry the tone was just TOOO funny to resist

·
egg-less
348 Posts
IIRC, the ECU takes approx. 500 miles to adjust to the mod. Resetting it just sets the fuel mapping back to a "factory default" setting. It will still take a while to adjust. Just go for a nice, looooooonnnnnnnggggggg drive this weekend!!

Just my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts