SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.geocities.com/russ2kse/SER/

This is the link to pics I took of the install. Anyways, the car handles awesomely, just a bit bouncy which I am not use too.....Highway bumps the car is not perfectly stable but its there. I have it set to 2 front 4 rear....2 and 2 was crazy, too bouncy.

I got the alignment done, it helped, but man, must be my tires, slow response on the steering when i first start to turn it, but once its into the turn it responds quick, weird. No lean hardly...I am gonna crank them up to 4 and 8 for autocross tomarrow to see how she does! :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Cool pics. I have been wanting to see someone with this setup on a classic with the stock wheels. Im thinking about this setup this summer. Gota get some money to do it but Im liking how it looks. Was worried that it would be too low. Would like to get a ride in a car with this setup maybe at the convention. Im hoping its not too harsh on the bumps. I do a lot of highway miles so will have to look in to this setup a little closer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the full ES kit for the car on there..I have goodyear HP tires...they really did terrible today at the track, would not grip at all. Steering response at slower speeds is fine, but higher is not very good. The car is riding better now after the auto-x.....it seemed to help loosen them up a bit. Your ride will get bumpier with any type of spring I am sure. If I would have been able to make it to the convetion I would have let u ride in it. But I got work sending me out of town for training the same days, so that sucks. Oh well.

Now I gotta figure out what tire to get....RE71's, sp8000s..hmm

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Both the RE71 and the SP8000 are good. RE71 has been discontinued, so i will hurry if I were you. My RE71 did very well on the track and I was driving 10/10. I am nuts...i know.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
damn Russ, you should have drove to dallas today, I would have done your car for you b/c I installed some h&r springs on my buddies 2.5rs and why stop there?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, my car is fixed....The alignment is perfect, just the orignal tires are ruined from the orginal owner driving it with the alignment off anyways... So I am working on getting 200sx se-r wheels and get some new re71 tires on it. Can't wait! Thanks for the offer Brian.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've got KYB AGX's, and ST springs, on 2 front, and 4 rear, the ride was very smooth, and just a little bit stiffer than factory. I also had the front bump stops cut in half. Kind of dissapointed though, put on 4 and 8 for autocrossing, and the ride quality is "stiff", but not "race car stiff". Oh well, probably better for the car. Later.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put mine on 4 and 8 and the car does not lean period, and is soo solid its unreal.... Probaby because of your springs are softer than mine.....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh, btw, good to have you on the forum nitrous_50.......if thats your real name :) do you have a 50 shot on your car? if you do good, that way if I have any problems with mine, I will not have to guess as much anymore :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Actually Brian, my 1992 classic se-r had 50 shot of nitrous for about a week....then the car was stolen. hmmm, coincidence? I think not. So now I drive a 1996 200sx se-r no nitrous yet. I decided to use this name for my e-mail, since my own name was taken already! What's the world coming to?

·
Registered
194 Posts
As far as springs go, I think you're right about them being softer. My classic had Tokico springs and KYB GR-2 dampers. This car rode like 4 and 8 settings all the time! Another words crappy. Butt hurt a lot on long road trips!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts