SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, I just installed my stillen 4-1 header this afternoon w/ no problems. the only thing I do not like about this header (and is not really a bad thing) is that the boltholes fit really tight and you have to put it in perfectly straight, no walking it in like the hotshot, but no problem, the other little thing is the egr tube, but again not that big of a deal, it only took me about 1.5 hrs start to finish on a baking engine. my 2nd gen header was cracked so this thing is ALOT quieter, almost sounds stock. kinda funny b/c when I finally get the nos running those damn cobras are not going to know what hit em' :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
So no EGR even on the latest Stillen headers huh? Are Stillen ones not supposed to be prone to cracking whereas the Hotshots are or something? What's the price difference?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya the stillens have the egr, but it was just a pain to get it aligned. I think hotshot has fixed the problem with theirs cracking, so no more problems with that on their 3rd gen. also the header design I went with is totally diffrent than most on the market for our cars, and we also just got it in stock so I had to play with it. and price diffrence is quite a bit, I paid cost on my header and paid close to what you would normally pay for a HS header, the list on this header is something like 550-600 bux.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Speaking of EGR's & Headers.....my AEBS does not even have the EGR fitting. Had me concerned about emissions, but passed with flying colors(Atlanta). No problems with the nuts loosening(I've checked them several times), and no clearance problems while running(though it sits very close to the alternator). Good torque, kinda raspy, really nice craftmanship of assembly, tough to install(one piece), and quite a conversation piece whenever the car's on a lift. Anyone else have one? Comments....questions....just felt like sharing.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, I just used a buddy (small crowbar) to get it aligned and straight, not that big of a deal, but still a pain. I also wondered about the aebs, but the only other person that had that on there that I know of is Jay Hassinger, but he is going turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts