SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in my other post, someone busted out my drivers side window last night, so needless to say I need a new one. Ive never installed one before, so anyone got any tips to help me? I have the haynes book and everything, but they're not always very helpful w/ the PITA stuff. Im planning on going to the junk yard and getting a new window, what parts am I going to need off the car?? I was told to make sure to get the clips? Any help would be awesome guys!!!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Easy stuff, pull off the door panel, and roll the window up until you see the 2 bolts that hold it on the track. Take those off, and whats left of your window will come out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Serban's directions are dead-on. The door panel comes off easy, but there's a clip that you need to remove to release the window crank. The panel won't come out with the window crank still in place.

·
Registered
112 Posts
also the easy way to remove the window is to drop the front of the window first then pull the back out remove from the out side of the car.or install the front of the window and drop the back in also from the outside. hope this helps

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Taking the window out is easy...since there isnt one there anymore:( I luckily have friends in high places it seems as he was parting out an SE-R. He took out the window for me and all I have to do is go pick it up. Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully the rain will hold off!!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot about the window crank. I got used to my power windows in the classic, and I overlooked the crank :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts