SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 SE_R and am attempted to install a Walboro Fuel Pump. When I accessed the tank and removed the lip, I pulled up the float?? The pump will not budge......this is my first SE_R and I haven't ever ran into this set-up.......
Will it be easier to just drop the tank out the bottom and do it from there? I didn't get any installation instructions.........can someone just point me in a general direction!!! A link with steps would be nice!!!!!!!

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
The pump will the sitting in a cradle. There is a tab that you will need to press down on to slide the pump and its cage out of the cradle. It reall isnt that hard to figure out if you get some light in there and have a look around. Also be very carefull, the edge of the tank is VERY sharp.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts

NoClassic said:
The pump will the sitting in a cradle. There is a tab that you will need to press down on to slide the pump and its cage out of the cradle. It reall isnt that hard to figure out if you get some light in there and have a look around. Also be very carefull, the edge of the tank is VERY sharp.

Fuk yeah it's sharp! I have been served by 2 already a NX2000 and a B14 grrrrr what hell is it so sharp? lol

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
You should search cus i just did a post on this. But ya... these guys covered it already. Do it on a low tank of gas, take the fuel pump fuse out, start car till it dies, duct tape the edges of the hole so ur hand wont get fuct up, and prepare to get high from all the gas. Good luck

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Oh ya... and do not stretch the O ring out... unless u like em loose haha j/j. an extra one might come in handy tho

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
sr20det808 said:
Oh ya... and do not stretch the O ring out... unless u like em loose haha j/j. an extra one might come in handy tho
Thats some mandingo u got there son!........lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just a note on the O-ring. Its designed to swell to create a positive seal of the vapor and possible splashing. So that makes them a one time use seal.
Dont cut this cornor guys it could have really bad effects...to say the least:). You can get them for as little as $6 from a dealer.

Terry
www.ftfmotorsports.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts