SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you tie into the hole the oe pressure sender screws into? if so what do you do with the oe sender? can you just let it hang so to speak? i wouldn't mind looking at the dash light as long as the gauge is reading pressure. i will prolly be going with mechanical if that makes a difference. TIA, matt

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yes you just screw it into the factory sender location. Make sure your use a 1/8 BSP fitting though. I just disconnected my stock sensor since its all but useless even when it is hooked up. The dash light will not be on. I was afraid to go with a mechanical one for fear that it could rupture and spray hot oil all over me and my car's interior.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Yes you just screw it into the factory sender location. Make sure your use a 1/8 BSP fitting though. I just disconnected my stock sensor since its all but useless even when it is hooked up. The dash light will not be on. I was afraid to go with a mechanical one for fear that it could rupture and spray hot oil all over me and my car's interior.
Did you use teflon tape on your electric sender? My gauge isn't working and i think it is because I used teflon tape.

Brent

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
No I didn't use teflon tape on mine. I read in the archives that people said not to use it on the connection to the block for some reason. I added a ground directly on the sending unit as well. I used a hose clamp (although I may go back and just solder it) to hold the wire on the sender and I used ring terminal at the other end and bolted it to an unsed bolt hole on the intake manifold (its a jdm motor not sure if the usdm has an unused hole).

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Gotcha, I think I used teflon tape all through, but knowing the problems with it I only used one wrap around the threads so it would be thin. I think that is still to much though, as the gauge is still dead.

Brent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts