SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a turbo on my 96 SE-R and I need to know how to run the hoses that go into the exsisting intake tract between the mass air meter and the TB. Do these need to run before the turbo or after? Also, I have a Bluebird manifold with no EGR hook-up, if I don't hook this up is it going to cause a check engine light. If so, is there a way around this. Can you hook up the EGR to still be functional, cause I really don't want to do a hack job on my car. Thank for any help.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
Here is what i did with the intake hoses.
1. Idle air hose(1/2") it originally sticks into the bottom of the stock intake tube. Put in same place on the new pipe from intercooler to TB.
2. Hose(1/2") that goes from the valve cover to the front side stock intake tube. It connects between airfilter/maf and turbo inlet. NOTE: A lot of guys put an oil catch can in this line.
3. Little Vaccum line that goes on firewall side of stock intake tube. I connected it between the airfilter/maf and turbo inlet. Note: I have read that this is a smog related vaccum line so you dont even need to connect it after the turbo install. maybe someone can answer this.
4. BOV- Intake manifold - Search
5. Wastegate - 8" before TB.
6.-boost gauge - Intake manifold - Search

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
drivinfst said:
I'm installing a turbo on my 96 SE-R and I need to know how to run the hoses that go into the exsisting intake tract between the mass air meter and the TB. Do these need to run before the turbo or after? Also, I have a Bluebird manifold with no EGR hook-up, if I don't hook this up is it going to cause a check engine light. If so, is there a way around this. Can you hook up the EGR to still be functional, cause I really don't want to do a hack job on my car. Thank for any help.

You can get the EGR block off plates from Nissport.com I beleive. Then do a search on here about deleting your EGR system. Go to RadiShack and buy some resistors. IIRC, it is a 1/4 watt 100k ohm resistor (do a search to double check). You take one of those resistors and put each end of it into each pin on your EGR sensor. This will stop it from throwing the EGR code.

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
This post should be stickied. Good explanation of all the vacuum lines. Answerd all my questions in one post...

-Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
turbo

a guys im stuck need help im doing a turbo on my 96 SE-R i need to know were do i connect the oil inlet for the turbo im runnig a T3 turbo and thats were im stuck please help

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
If it is a DE motor then most people just install a Tee fitting on the oil pressure sender unit and run a steel braided line to the turbo. They have part numbers in the Turbo FAQ for the items.
On the turbo it should be obvious where to connect the line, in the center of the turbo it will have threaded ports for the oil feed and oil drain, and it probably have ports for water for cooling. On larger turbos it is not a requirement to run water the oil provides enough cooling. The oil lubricates the bearings so you should be able to tell the difference between water and oil ports.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts