SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do insurance companies cover your car if u wreck during a drag or an AutoX event? Do they really kill you on rates or drop you from the plan? Just wondering

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Don't know about drag racing. For autocross, generally they'll cover you no problem. Your rates will go up, and say "We'll never cover anything like this again...." Or they'll drop you afterward.

Matt

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Since you are competing against a clock and not another car, there's some room for interpretation there. You may have to word your claim a certain way. All I know is there are several people that I know of that have made a claim following an autocross incedent and had no problem. I'm sure it also varies from company to company. I suppose you'll need to read the fine print in your policy to know for sure.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 4 of 4 Posts