SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows the insurance on the se-r's? i know it shouldnt be much.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ok calculator, it all depends on the hood and record you have but se-r's are not really known as performance cars to the insurance industry as yet. so relax and change your user name!
kidding but mean it chief

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Naa..insurance on SER's are up there no matter. I remember when I went for insurnace on my SER the guy asked me "Is it a SE" I said no and he said "ohh man you're in for it now cause these puppies are sporty" so you know what that means for me. Yep hit hard for a car I neglected to get an insurance quote on. But I loved the car so I had to insure it you know. Location plays a big part on insurance quotes and how long you had insurance in your name and your driving record so good luck!!!

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
202 Posts
When I lived in Long Island, NY, the insurance for my '94 SE-R was $2,100 per year. Here in Maine I pay $1,680 for the SE-R, a '00 GMC 4WD Sierra, a '57 Willy's Jeep, and my house COMBINED. Talk about location making a difference...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i was going for the classic. yeah i know how everything can make a difference, age of me/car, location, etc. but i was basically trying to see what people pay compared to nx2000's. as of yet, i have nothing with a sr20 =(. i got into them when my sister gotta 99 se limited, then my dad gotta 2000 se. once i drove them i fell in love. right now im waiting for scholarships for art school so i know what i can afford.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just renewed my policy this week and it's $1,123 a year, that's in Delaware, and I'm 36 and single. If I get married the rate drops... but I'd rather pay the higher premiums.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not to be a downer, but we live near Cleveland (Hudson, OH) and the rate on our '91 SE-R (92K miles) was about $4 less/month than our '90 Eclipse GSX (83K miles). Both cars are in my dad's name (50 yrs old and no accidents). We use State Farm, and they know about SE-Rs being sporty. Maybe your company doesn't consider them sporty.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Brooklyn, N.Y. liability $1,480 married,30 years young, no accidents and defensive driving course every 3 years. this is for the year. wanna buy mickey mouse insurance for 300 bucks a year ,just don't crash hehe!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm 19 and even though I go to school in Cincinnati, my insurance is still with my family's broker in Cleveland (Bay Village). I think I pay $1250/year total for full coverage on my 95 se-r which I am the primary driver, and secondary privledges on a 91 MR2, a 93 MR2 and a Previa. Don't remember what it was after adding the Delorean. It seems that it makes a big difference if you have been through the same broker for a while. If you aren't already, try to go with your parent's policy. And get good grades. Easier said than done.

Max

·
Registered
220 Posts
I used to pay like $175/mth, me being 18, full coverage (bare minimum), only under my name. That was w/ the cheap Cost-U-Less Shiet. My dad decided to help out and we changed the title to his and my name. Now we are going through State Farm w/ basically maximum full coverage, and paying $85/mth.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine has been in the $300 range (6 mos) full coverage, 100 comp, 250 coll. incl, uninsured motorist. It was close to $400 though when she was new and I was younger and before I bought a house and now get the group rate discount on everything now.

Just over $600 a year sounds great compared to what I read on here!

It will drop to under $300 (6 mos) this year...

I am 35 (I was 25 when I bought it new), and 1 moving violation ticket on record. But being I have never had a claim. I get a discount even though I have the violation. I have a GREAT insurance company. Okalahoma Farmers Union and have been with them since 1991.

Shop around, sounds like many of you could be over-paying...

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Never had 5th gear pop-out. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused, wrecked or smoked in. (Still have the orginal SE-R Wheels and Stereo and they go with car if I ever do sell)
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

·
Registered
883 Posts
For me, I paid 89 a month for 100/100 comp/coll on my G20, and had liability on my Civic DX (hehehe) So I think I made it allright. I am 22, married, and no tickets that stayed

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I'm 21, I have a 91 SE-R, and I have had my insurance as cheap as $420 a year, it went up a little after my speeding tickets though. this is not full coverage though, just the minimum that the state of Florida requires. Oh yeah, this is through a company named Explorer...anyone else heard of them?

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ok, I am 22, at a step 15 in Mass. I payed $1250 this past year for full liability and that's it. No theft, fire, nothing. I do live in the city, so that doesn't help. The agent said if I lived a little further out it could go down some $300. I also remember that on the ratings scale, a normal sentra was a 11 or 12, and the se-r is a 14. The agent was like, "I don't see why it's so high, how many cylinders?" That is with CNA coverage. So, insurance companies definitely know about the sr20.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts