SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has ever installed BB Intake Cam in their 95-on Sr20de? My buddy told me that its supposed to be even better than the 91 intake cam. Anyone ever tried this? If so how much of a gain can I expect?

------------------
Irwin 96 wit stuff

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
BB Intake cam?? Never heard that. I know the Primera intake cam makes more than the '91 and '92 intake cam.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I thought the cams were the same with the DET and the DE.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
Just wondering if anybody has ever installed BB Intake Cam in their 95-on Sr20de? My buddy told me that its supposed to be even better than the 91 intake cam. Anyone ever tried this? If so how much of a gain can I expect?

</font>
I'm not 100% sure but I think the BB has a solid lifter cam as well as the GTiR.

You can't put a solid lifter cam in your car.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Yup, that's what I thought too. And yup, they do have solid lifters. Go here and see for yourself.

------------------
David

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Anybody have pics out there to compare the two? I'd kinda like to see the difference

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think the BB DET has lifters like ours, but the GTiR DET has solid lifters. That's how people with BB DETs can use S3 cams without any problems.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
I think the BB DET has lifters like ours, but the GTiR DET has solid lifters. That's how people with BB DETs can use S3 cams without any problems.

</font>
You can covert either one back and forth. All you have to do is change out the lifters,

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Ah, thanks for the info.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
705 Posts
The 91, primera, and bb cams are the same, from what ive learned.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Actually no, last year Mike Kojima did some measuring on the '91 intake cam and a Primera intake cam and the Primera intake cam had 1mm more lift than the '91 intake cam (it had about a .435" lift) making it more powerful than 1st gen. JWT cams, but not as powerful as 2nd gens. The BB DET cam, I'm not too sure on. I've heard that it's similar, but then again, I've heard that it's different. So, I'm not sure on that one.

------------------
David

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nsracer:
Actually no, last year Mike Kojima did some measuring on the '91 intake cam and a Primera intake cam and the Primera intake cam had 1mm more lift than the '91 intake cam (it had about a .435" lift) making it more powerful than 1st gen. JWT cams, but not as powerful as 2nd gens. The BB DET cam, I'm not too sure on. I've heard that it's similar, but then again, I've heard that it's different. So, I'm not sure on that one.

</font>
Hehehe....How do you think they are compared to my S4's, muahhahaha. J/K!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Jerk
I don't know, why don't I let you borrow my Primera intake cam and you let me borrow your S4s

------------------
David

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jerk
I don't know, why don't I let you borrow my Primera intake cam and you let me borrow your S4s

</font>
You know, im such a nice guy, i wouldnt mind trading. AS LONG AS...1. it wasnt a permanent trade,eheh( i know thats what u were thinking) and 2. you didnt live so far away. I would have liekd to see what kinda diff the 91 cams made, butt fortunately for me, income tax returns were quite nice this year

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
He he he he, I got you beat there... I'll give you a little hint as to what my tax returns are going for..... waaaaaaa...p sshhhh .... waaaaaaa ..... pssshhh

------------------
David

·
Registered
756 Posts
He he he he, I got you beat there... I'll give you a little hint as to what my tax returns are going for..... waaaaaaa...p sshhhh .... waaaaaaa ..... pssshhh

</font>
No more vacuum on the boost gauge now?

·
Registered
705 Posts

</font>
Well hate to burst your oversize bubble. but Ill race you as soon as mine is installed hehehehe muahahahaha, shouldnt be tool ong from now

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
He he he, funny Alex
Sounds good Ryan, just don't be a sore loser
LOL

------------------
David

·
Registered
705 Posts
He he he, funny Alex
Sounds good Ryan, just don't be a sore loser
LOL

</font>
Hah.....

------------------

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
We'll just leave it at that and I'll post a slip as soon as it's done (about 2 months)
Cool?

------------------
David

1 - 20 of 20 Posts