SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive got a 94 G20 and i just bought a 91 intake cam that i would like to install. i was wondering if there is anyone from the DC or Baltimore areas that could help me with the install. the problem is i dont have most of the tools needed because im at college and i am a very inexperienced mechanic. the last thing i want to do is install the cam and totally screw up my engine because this is my one and only car. ill drive to you and a lil bit of cash is in it for anyone that could help and has the tools.

·
as loyal as my options
584 Posts
it is super easy if you want i can help you out with it on friday afternoon. i don't know if you have ever pulled your valve cover off before or not but it might be a good idea to get new bolts that hold the caps in place over the cams they can only stretch so far from the torque i broke one and it sucked. now i know to use a properly calibrated torque wrench or just to put em on till they feel tight. but i have all the stuff to do it and i am not far away in pasadena. call me at (860)995-4159. i am free after noon friday. thanks eric

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric96redsr20 said:
it is super easy if you want i can help you out with it on friday afternoon. i don't know if you have ever pulled your valve cover off before or not but it might be a good idea to get new bolts that hold the caps in place over the cams they can only stretch so far from the torque i broke one and it sucked. now i know to use a properly calibrated torque wrench or just to put em on till they feel tight. but i have all the stuff to do it and i am not far away in pasadena. call me at (860)995-4159. i am free after noon friday. thanks eric
sounds good man! ill give you a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts