SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that pieced together your kits...

How did you go about getting the IC piping and Intake pipe?

I ordered a new GTiR manifold and Turbo today!!!!
Plus all the other misc...shiet!

My only thing is without the turbo components being on the car how does the place fabricating the piping know measurement and such of the piping that is going to be needed?

Is there pre-set measurement that I can bring to the place and have them make the piping off the measurement?

Also I'm going to running a Starion intercooler up front.
Anyone running a setup similar to this? Anyone have the measurements for the piping?

Also whats the best material to use?

Im thinking if worst comes to worst I'll pay Home Depot a visit....rummage through the piping and after getting something that fits decently taking those pipes and having some real piping made off those pipes.

Im trying to keep downtime on the car at a minimum. Wanna install everything at once and have the car be done. Thanks Guys!

·
fabricator
841 Posts
the best way to do this is to take the car to a fabricator and have them build all the stuff on the car. Using a starion intercooler means that you can't use any off-the-shelf piping kits, so its going to have to be custom. Just make sure its all mandrel-bent. any good welder should be able to do this for you. If they don't have mandrel bends, you'll have to order them from somewhere. If you're really industrious, order a bunch of bends, cut them all up at the right angles so they fit right in the car, mark them all, and take them and have a shop weld them. shoudn't be too expensive.

Andris

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you're the DIY type, buy some mandrel bends from JC Whitney and fab them up yourself and get a welder to weld em up. I'm running w/ a front mounted Starion IC and did the piping myself. If you want more details let me know.

Romeo

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Romeo!!! ( RCC-SE-R )

Yeah! If you have pics of your setup I'd really appreciate it! Yeah any tips or measurements that you have would be cool. What turbo setup are you running? If you want you can E-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks bro

G

·
RCC SE-R said:
If you're the DIY type, buy some mandrel bends from JC Whitney and fab them up yourself and get a welder to weld em up. I'm running w/ a front mounted Starion IC and did the piping myself. If you want more details let me know.

Romeo
YEAH, what he said, dude it's sooo easy, i've done it twice. buy mandrels, like a couple of 180's and a couple of 90's, have a flange machined for your turbo outlet, measure one out, mark with sharpie, hack away, and mark again. them go have someone weld it up. first time was time consuming, hell i didn't even do it myself the first time, but i just did one and it's really not that hard. i can't really give you measurements, but you will see that needs to be done, and if your motivated, not bad at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts