SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Wednesday, everyone's questions will be answered. I have an appointment to have the custom intake manifold dyno'd. I have stock intake manifold that will be used as the baseline.
Then, the next pulls will be conducted with the custom unit. I will post all of my turbo mods on the baseline and custom dyno graphs.
I have a customer who has a naturally aspirated SR20 that will be performing a dyno test when he receives his manifold shortly. He's getting the Stage I unit, I have the Stage II along with Mike Kojima.
Question. What gear should I be using when going for the big numbers 3rd or 4th?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
On turbo cars, use 4th, NA cars, use 3rd.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
I got my fingers crossed for the N/A results.

Rock on!
O

------------------
4 door SE-R
Ultimate Sleeper
I love the CAI
I Got Money for a little more, suggestions needed
"heavy weight and still undisputed!"

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
As a person who has plunked down cash for one of Rob's intakes for his SR20....

I am stoked about this dyno session!

Counting down the days, Rob.....

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I'd like to be the first to say thank you greg for having the balls to test something new at your own expense. The SR20 world thanks you.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Good stuff. We're all interested. Do you have a scanner so you can post the charts here?

Seeing an actual chart tells you so much more than simply seeing peak numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts