SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I posted this topic on the NX forum already but I need more answers tomy question. I ordered a HS CAI from IPP a few weeks ago. William called me last night and said Hot Shot wanted to know if my car has an AIV valve, because there apparently are 2 different MAF adapter plates. My car is an early 93 NX. If my car does have an AIV and I told him it didn't can I still get the intake to work? Please clarify this for me. I was told the AIV was a black box in front of the valve cover and had a hose going to the stock intake hose. What would the MAF adapter plate have to do with this hose and why didn't IPP ask me this when I placed my order?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 93 SE-R, and I can't see why the MAF plate would be different. The AIV hose connects to the airbox, not the MAF....My 2 cents.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Probably just asked because you will need a small filter for the AIV valve because you will be kissing the hose from the airbox goodbye.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Nope, the new adapter plate now has a connetor for that hose. Thats why he was wanting to know.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bowlcut-That rules!!!Is there anyway of getting that adapter plate separately? I'm getting ahold of a POP, and need to get a smal filter for that AIV as well. Anyone?

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
Nope, the new adapter plate now has a connetor for that hose. Thats why he was wanting to know.</font>
interseting. i always wondered if they were going to do anything bout the aiv. anybody know if Place Racing will be following HS's footsteps?

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you could just ditch your aiv like i did..it's really easy, and emmissons stuff sucks.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
My 91 NX passes Ohio emissions test w/o it's AIV!! But I do applaud HS for making a set-up that works for the less knowledgable installers.

Blair

1 - 8 of 8 Posts