SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am dropping a SR20DET into a 1.6. i want to know which intercooler is best (someone told me FMAX) and which radiator is best, a NISMO brand new or a SE-R used?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
How hot is it where you live?

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I got a used radiator for $100 with fans from a 94 se-r if u are interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nsracer:
How hot is it where you live?

</font>
the hottest that it gets is probably 105 but that would only be for about 2 to 4 weeks a year. normally the summers are in the 90's

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I always say that the cooler, the better. So of course, I'd go with the Nissan Motorsports unit. But I'm just anal like that
I'm having my exhaust housing and manifold coated by Swaintech and I've also ordered the Nissan Motorsports Radiator. But then again I live where it's about 110 every day for like two months straight!

------------------
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always say that the cooler, the better. So of course, I'd go with the Nissan Motorsports unit. But I'm just anal like that
I'm having my exhaust housing and manifold coated by Swaintech and I've also ordered the Nissan Motorsports Radiator. But then again I live where it's about 110 every day for like two months straight!

</font>
HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT FMAX COMPARED TO YOUR INTERCOOLER? HOW MUCH DID YOUR INTERCOOLER RUN YOU ALONG WITH YOUR RADIATOR?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I have the F-Max intercooler. But, I also have the Nissan Motorsports Radiator. I need everything I can get to keep the car running cool. Especially when it gets above 115° almost every damn day! The turbo's not even on the car yet and it started to overheat Friday when I was driving to school!! I can imagine how it will be with the Turbo on there. As far as pricing, my IC was a through....some special pricing
The price is usually around $595 plus tax and shipping. The radiator was $312 shipped.

------------------
David

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Damn!! $1,200???? Like I said, my IC wasn't something anyone could just go buy, I got mine through a good friend of mine (sort of a one time deal, ya know?). But, if you go over to www.spearcointercoolers.com/asemblis.htm you can see some of their current prices. Assembly 2-255 (which has a core size of 3.5” X 6.52” X 24.0”) is pretty close to the size of the F-Max unit and it's listed for $595. And spearco is one of the best there is! Don't pay $1,200 for an IC!! Look for it elsewhere!!

------------------
David

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
What????? Now what are you doin Alex????

------------------
David

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Yea, and then I can sell you my brand new F-Max one for $675

------------------
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the F-Max intercooler. But, I also have the Nissan Motorsports Radiator. I need everything I can get to keep the car running cool. Especially when it gets above 115° almost every damn day! The turbo's not even on the car yet and it started to overheat Friday when I was driving to school!! I can imagine how it will be with the Turbo on there. As far as pricing, my IC was a through....some special pricing
The price is usually around $595 plus tax and shipping. The radiator was $312 shipped.

</font>
WHERE DID YOU GET THE IC BECAUSE WHERE I AM GETTING IT FROM THEY ARE GONNA CHARGE ME 1200.OO?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn!! $1,200???? Like I said, my IC wasn't something anyone could just go buy, I got mine through a good friend of mine (sort of a one time deal, ya know?). But, if you go over to www.spearcointercoolers.com/asemblis.htm you can see some of their current prices. Assembly 2-255 (which has a core size of 3.5” X 6.52” X 24.0”) is pretty close to the size of the F-Max unit and it's listed for $595. And spearco is one of the best there is! Don't pay $1,200 for an IC!! Look for it elsewhere!!

</font>
hey thanks. i appreciate your help. saving some money to do other things to the car is always cool. do you have a turbo? if so what psi are you runing at?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Yea, I have a turbo...not on the car, but I have one
Give me about three weeks and the car will be boosted already.

------------------
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

</font>
yeah i am doing 10,000.00 worth to my car. let me know what you do with yours as far as psi goes. once again thanks for your help, i am going with the IC that you reccommended and the NISMO radiator. thanks

·
Registered
756 Posts

</font>
When you doing this? I want to come over and watch/help/get drinks. Oh yeah, I got my intercooler in the mail today... Me likey.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Damn! 10K Kick some over this way man!
As far as Boost PSI, I'll be at 9.7 on the street (that's what my wastegate spring is at) and at the track... only my Profec B will tell
Alex, I'll probably start it next weekend (the 14th). Damn slut, my IC still hasn't come in! Hopefully by next weekend everything will be here. My radiator got here tuesday and my manifold and turbine housing will be here monday. Woo hoo!!

------------------
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn! 10K Kick some over this way man!
As far as Boost PSI, I'll be at 9.7 on the street (that's what my wastegate spring is at) and at the track... only my Profec B will tell
Alex, I'll probably start it next weekend (the 14th). Damn slut, my IC still hasn't come in! Hopefully by next weekend everything will be here. My radiator got here tuesday and my manifold and turbine housing will be here monday. Woo hoo!!

</font>
ORDERED EVERYTHING FOR MY CAR TODAY SO I WILL ALSO LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET EVERYTHING DONE. IT WILL ALSO BE DYNO TOO. KEEP ME INFORMED ON YOUR CAR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts