SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me preface this by saying that our 1996 200SX SE-R is my wife’s car, not mine; and she is not an aggressive driver – I doubt is she has hit WOT in months. It’s a commuter car, foul-weather car (the only non-convertible we own), and trailer-tower: it pulls a 4x8 utility trailer with 1 ton of Compro on board as well as my old Toyota pick-up ever did (thank you, SR20DE torque!).

She has allowed a few minor modifications: $tillen strut bar, Yokohama AVS Intermediates (2nd set now), stainless braided brake lines, drilled Brembo front rotors and some brand of aftermarket pads, and KYB AGX shocks/struts. Not much else, she’s not ready not let me change the exhaust yet even; the car runs fine in her estimation. To be honest, I cannot fault that opinion, the car pulls strongly even after 5 years.

However, while she is happy with the 200’s exterior appearance – uh, I find it hard to agree, but OK – she think the car’s drab interior could use a little help. After I bought a Mazda Miata last year for my daily driver (yet again, I tried to take the Nissan off her hands, no go), and got introduced to the bewildering aftermarket for that car, I added some ‘retro’ chrome and wood accent for the interior, and it gives the car a much more “classic” and “upmarket” feel inside. Her SE-R could use the same improvement.

I searched the Vendors listing at SR20DE.net, and didn’t see much. The folks I bought a wood trim kit for the Miata from did have an 11-pc kit for the 200, in genuine burl walnut or Rosewood, in the $2225-$250 range, and I see that there is/was a Nissan faux wood kit for much less but it’s only 1-2 pieces. What else is there?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a carbon fiber kit in mine. I like it. I have seen a brushed aluminum kit. I Payed around 150 for mine.
i also have the carbon fiber shifter knob and pedals. they add some spice the the black interior.

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt4Nissan:
http://www.legendfive.com
They're kind of expensive but by far the best quality kit I've seen.
</font>
Thanks; but you're not kiddin', $349 is a full $100 more than I paid for the kit in my Miata, with fewer parts (although they company that made _that_ kit offers a 200Sx kit with fewer parts still, like no console plate). I'll look into them.

Are there any other suppliers of "interior jewelry" I should check out? In particular, my wife like the chrome rings around the gauges and heater/AC controls on my car, but I see they would have to be particulary shallow in a Nissan installation.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
hey whiteSER, the dash kit you posted on ebay is the same as executivecleancar.com's! i have seen it, they have samples on the site, you just have to dig..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys. I don't think we'll go with the carbon fiber or brushed aluminum, as they fit the same places the wood does. I might be that there isn't much else available.

Y'all should see what I can get for the Miata; you can add enough glitz to the inside to make one sick. You might not go for the chrome rings for the (round, on our cars) air vents, or the chromed inside door latches, but theere are a couple of variations or chrome shift-boot surrounds, including one with a full Ferrari-style 'gated' shifter! Neat looking but I'd be wary of the latter's effect on shifting.

Anyway, I think I'll get a wood kit for the 200SX and then keep my eyes peeled.

Ya know what the cheesiest part of the 200SX's interior is? The door panels! I'd like to see something with more fabric and/or leather; well, anything that doesn't remind me of a Vega (Chevy, not Facel).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts