SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, I work for a small company in SoCal that makes office chairs, and does van conversions. I have been watching the guys cut the fabric and leather for the high end office and dispatch chairs that we make and got the idea of redoing my interior (leather?). I pitched the idea to my boss of taking my seat covers off and making a pattern to mass produce these in any fabric imaginable, for relatively low cost. Im guessing 200 dollars give or take. I want leather, but that will be more money of course, depending. I want to see how many people would be interested in this, also, I was thinking of adding pieces of foam to make the lumbars and the butt area a little more padded (im skinny)...anyone interested in this? the website for my company is www.eraproducts.com . Im going to do mine soon and would need someone with a classic and nx cars (or just the interior) to donate for this if it takes off. I would put together a kit that would include fabric for the door panels and even a shift boot and e-brake boot if so desired....as soon as I do mine, Ill get pics posted. I think that at least 10 orders or so for each body style would work out fine to get started, but since im doing my interior, then the B14 would be less. we are also looking into other kinds of cars, namely S13 and S14. we have a million kinds of fabrics and colors.....let me know!!!

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
I'm interested in leather. Quote a real price for a set. So im guessing this kit would zip up in replace of the cloth?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Sounds like a neat idea to me. Please keep us updated.

·
-
3,560 Posts
Damn, I just threw away an extra set of B13 cushions/fabric...

Sounds like a boss idear!

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
Bump! Any word yet?!!?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is a terrific idea, if only I had the money for it right now I would, but perhaps later this year, i.e. summer? Hope this works out as i would love to have a nice interior to go with my crappy exterior, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Are we talking full interior? Or could we just purchase driver/passenger and save some buckage?

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still working on it with my bosses, things are real hectic at work at the moment.....but definetely in the works. It would help greatly if I could get a set of seats to take apart and have the guys at work look at, to make sure it is something that the average person to handle. the vinyl and leather seats that we make at work take a bit of time to pull over the seat frames. Plus the material is steamed to shrink to fit some places, I dont think that you would have that problem with fabric. I am looking into getting some good quality vinyl with perforated vinyl inserts made for my car first, since that would be the most difficult to do, installation wise. I was looking at how much leather costs, and it would be like 150 to 200 dollars just for the leather itself. I think that my intial idea was to make it low cost, since you might has well get some nice racing seats for 300 bucks then just get your stock stuff recovered. Also Im looking into the possiblity of having the installation be included in the price. If you were to purchase the seats, then we would send you a set of seats, covered in the fabric of your choice, and then you would swap out your seats, and send back your stockies.....but that would add the cost of shipping, which would be around 80 - 100 bucks both ways. So Im still checking on this, get back to everyone soon.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'd be into a full leather package. i might get some lower priced racing seats to cover. do you think it's possible that you could make front seat kits to cover racing seats. that would be awesome. but, other thatn that, i just gotta think what kinda colors i want. nothing strange, just maybe a two-tone interior set up. i plan on vinyl-dying all the vinyl. i'll keep myself posted.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I would be interested in this as well. It would be cool if you could do leather with a cloth/fabric insert through the middle! I like the idea of matching door panel inserts, shifter boots and so on. Would this kit include the back seat?

brent

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah i kinda want to know if it's a full kit. or would be. or whatever. a back seat kit would be awesome. keep it goin man.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im interested in the S13 application. I would like to redo my glove box, door panel inserts, back seats and s14 front seats in a black or DARK gray cloth

·
-
3,560 Posts
I would like some kind of charcoal dark centers (maybe a cool subtle pattern) and black outsides and bolsters. Top it off with some dark red stitching and I am down @ $300-500.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
I'd also like the red seam stitching, but would prefer solid black fabric.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.