SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I wanted to introduce you folks to my friend Mark. Mark just entered the SR20 world by buying a '90 240SX with a red-top DET swap in it. The previous owner had the DET installed by Unstable Hybrids, who did a really shitty job to say the least. There was so much stuff zip-tied together and the install was not even close to what anyone would call a professional job.

Anyhow, the setup was pretty much stock. So after only owning it for a week, Mark decided it was time to do some upgrading. Here are pics of the Greddy intercooler and TurboXS bov that we installed. He bought this setup from JGY, if anyone cares to know. More upgrades are on the way, and pics will be added as they come.

Here are the pics of the install. Enjoy. :)

Here are shots of the interior and the tail-end:

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey harris..

mark here!

yea we had fun putting that in. it was a lil work but nothing too tough. we will be relocating the fmic higher to the place its supposed to be in a couple days but since the car isn't dumped yet it's just fine for now.

the bov is loud..... all i gotta say.

hi guys!

·
Devil's Advocate
1,156 Posts
Lookin good!! Looks like the sleeper look went out the window. ;)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
gotta love s13's

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah s13's are sick. You should of told the old guy to do the finger salute that would of been funny.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Looks good man! I like the look its got ging on there...

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mynismo said:
hey harris..

mark here!

yea we had fun putting that in. it was a lil work but nothing too tough. we will be relocating the fmic higher to the place its supposed to be in a couple days but since the car isn't dumped yet it's just fine for now.

the bov is loud..... all i gotta say.

hi guys!

Hey, Mark! Glad to see you signed up! Yea, the car runs like a beast with this FMIC compared to the stock setup. I couldn't believe how different the car behaved after the IC install. It was definitely money well spent!

oNeBaDaPpLe said:
Looks like the sleeper look went out the window.

We're going to fix that. The IC needs to be raised a bit, and we should be able to get to it in a few days, weather permitting, and therefore go back to sleeper mode. :)

·
-John-
690 Posts
Hey Mynismo happy to see some people from ohionissans on here...since most of them feel our fwd cars aren't as nice. Nice intercooler btw, it is HUGE.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nismo654 said:
...since most of them feel our fwd cars aren't as nice.
Most of them are young punks. I'll shut each one of them up slowly but surely. ;)

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added more shots.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Harris said:
Most of them are young punks. I'll shut each one of them up slowly but surely. ;)
and they don't know the power of se-r's. they still don't believe they are fast............ arg

i had an auto 240 last year and currently have a maxima so i have respect for just about any car. the maxima's fwd is great and it is really powerful, im really glad i kept it.

yea we still gotta raise up that fmic, we didn't do it because we thought it involved cutting the frame of the car but since we just seen another '90 240 last night with a huge blitz fmic, we know it can happen

a couple weeks and ill get a boost controller. there's currently 6" of snow on the ground here so i got a lil time... im thinking of running 12-13 psi.

oNeBaDaPpLe said:
Lookin good!! Looks like the sleeper look went out the window. ;)
i have the maxima as my sleeper. the 240 is my lil riceboy :tongue:

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Nice Harris, saw these pics on OhNissans. Very cool to have some more RWD members here.

I'm jealous of the already-swapped guys; my 240sx right now is a testament to the power of the FWD SR20. My B13 is so much faster than my S13 it's not even funny. Damn SOHC truck motor :mad:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
haha. Well ritt, at least I have a dohc 93! after driving my buddies 90, and my 93, mine STOCK is way faster than his with intake and exhaust. maybe his is just a beater piece of crap.. anyhow.

Nice tail lights! I prefer the JDM over the stock ones on the hatchbacks. and as for that intercooler, JEEZUS! sleeper just went out the window for sure.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
HARRIS, PUT THE CIGARETTE DOWN!
Please put the smoke down slowly and step away from the vehicle. ;)

You smokin' freak!

You still coming down this Saturday for the 2nd annual back yard monkey wrench meet. Sounds like Curt's work buddies (SCCA event guys) are stopping by too!

I have everything to do the Eibach/GR2 install. On Friday I am swapping out my PS for the OBX, and doing some other odds and ends. I have to remove the rear seat and decklid to get to the rear struts on the G20.

Hope to have the car pretty much tore apart Friday so all I need to do on Saturday is the install. But we'll see.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll quit smoking when I decide to make cars my full-time addiction. ;)

You could probably count me in for the Saturday geekout at Curt's. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Harris said:
I'll quit smoking when I decide to make cars my full-time addiction. ;)

You could probably count me in for the Saturday geekout at Curt's. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Hey! We are doing it at my house! Atleast that was the last I knew, just because my driveway is larger. He bringing his air tools and compressor. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts