SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and what a handsome engine it is
My G20 was towed away by the insurance company last week, so my driveway is back to normal again. Thanks for asking, but I miss it already.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
hey Al, what happend to it? Maybe it was on the list and I missed it.

·
RWD Junkie
119 Posts
Al, you better behave yourself. I'm the moderator of this list

So, all you FWD people, outta here!!

Thanks Ben for setting up a forum for an underappreciated platform...to the general public

-Alex

------------------
'95 civic gsr
'95 240sx SE
http://importnut.net

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alex, what's a Civic owner doing moderating a 240SX forum?
Next thing you know, pigs are flying and I'm somewhere buying an SUV... DOH! Hehe

Al - loves his Solar Yellow Xterra

G

·
Hey peeps, just wanted to introduce myself. Im an umemployed bum that owns a 93 240SX with a 94 180SX motor currently in progress. Thats all for now.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
hey guys, thought i might drop in, nice place ya got here... good to have some RWD DET power on the forum.

Andy

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello everyone. i visit the sr20 forum once inawhile, but glad to finally see a rwd det forum. planning on getting an s14b next summer, and throwing in a blacktop det. can't wait to finally get some real info! i don't like the other forums or webpages too much. hey al, done anything new yet? i just found out cusco makes coilovers too, so maybe i'll consider those of the (hopefully rust-free) teins. any rust yet on yours?hehe

------------------
Enoch Chow
http://www.2by2.net/oewoko

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey al, i just noticed you are putting in a redtop. i thought it was only legal to put in an engine of the same year or newer? i like the turbo. how much is it capable of generating?

------------------
Enoch Chow
http://www.2by2.net/oewoko
http://ewok.nissanpower.com

·
8,148 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
A quick hello from the other end of the world. I've owned/modified/raced a number of S14's and would drop into the turbo forum occasionally but this seems a little my style. I've always been a little surprised that there were so many SR20DET swaps into sentra while there seems to be so few into silvias, this is the chassis it works best in after all. I probably won't be able to help much with the swap end of things but once it's in I should be able to impart some knowledge in getting them to their rightful position, ie f*cking fast.

·
Registered
249 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oewoko:
hey al, i just noticed you are putting in a redtop. i thought it was only legal to put in an engine of the same year or newer?
</font>
Not in texas.=)

------------------
Tony A.
AIM: TX180SX
"I ownz joo!!"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oewoko:
hey al, i just noticed you are putting in a redtop. i thought it was only legal to put in an engine of the same year or newer? i like the turbo. how much is it capable of generating?

</font>
Legal Schmegal. Right now it's a gunmetal grey top SR20
The techs who perform the State Inspection don't really care in Texas what motor you have, and in my county I don't even have to take a smog test (luckily I live in a Houston suburb).

How much is what capable of generating? The stock T25 turbo? Same as the FWD DETs, the engines are fundamentally the same on the inside. The RWD transmission can, however, take more abuse than its FWD SR20 counterpart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i actually meant that new turbo u have waiting to be put on. and how much is the stock t25? i haven't really followed the turbo posts on the se-r list too closely hp wise

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A T3/T04E on an SR20 will make in the neighborhood of 350-450hp depending on many factors. Isn't Chris's 200SX SE-R with GTi-R making close to 500 wheel hp? If I remember correctly he may have a T3/T04E in there.

A T25 I know nothing about, although people have done real quick times with the stock turbo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hopefully, i can find an s15 engine, so i wouldn't have to upgrade as many things. but i want at least an s14 blacktop. did you get anything else done to the car? man, sometimes, i think about keeping the sentra, but i must keep my mind on track! silvia silvia silvia!!! hehehe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts