SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it as good for N/A as for turbo???? or it doesnt matter ...

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
is it as good for N/A as for turbo???? or it doesnt matter ...</font>
It doesn't really matter if it's going through an Intercooler, the air charge will be cooled anywayso No it doesnt matter.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
292 Posts
sorry if this sounds stupid...but if you have cooler air going through an intercooler for a certain amount of time..wouldnt this air be cooler than warmer air going through at the same amount of time?..i know there is a point where the air wont get any cooler no matter what temp. it entered the IC at , but if it doesnt reach this point wouldnt we be better off having the cold air going in, therefor a cai being better? ....or am i just thinking to hard...let us know..thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think the compressor is going to heat the air up significantly anyway (hence the need for an intercooler) so having a CAI before the compressor seems sorta pointless. I doubt there'd be any advantage.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
BINGO,The friction alone created from the intake turbine will heat up the air quite a bit, so in all actuallity a CAI is not going to do anything but look pretty and take up more needlful space

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
I think the compressor is going to heat the air up significantly anyway (hence the need for an intercooler) so having a CAI before the compressor seems sorta pointless. I doubt there'd be any advantage.

</font>
Mike Collins Turbo Classic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts