SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the small plastic panel to the left of the clutch in my classic there's a little tiny chrome toggle switch. its a little lever that sticks out and you can flip it up or down... i have no idea what it does.

the previous owner said he used to have a car alarm but it doesnt work anymore so i think that the switch is related to the defunct alarm system...

or is it something else?

G

·
That's the valet switch. It's used to shut off the alarm if the keys are lost, etc. I suppose you can pull it out, but there'll be a hole there. Maybe you could fill it with a switch for the fogs or something?
Oh- and if anyone else does have one of these- do yourselves a favor and don't post where it's located! (free car...)

------------------
Wheel gap is the enemy. "Silver" 2001 SE w/perf.pkg, PR CAI, Intrax.

[This message has been edited by audio1der (edited 05-29-2001).]

G

·
if it's what i think it is. it's probably from his alarm. it's usually used if your remote doesn't work and you get in your car and press it when you turn your car on to disengage the alarm because the alarm is going off and you can't turn it off cuz your dumbass forgot to get new batteries. shouldn't be anything to worry about.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
I do valet work , and last week this asshole had this exact problem. His battery in the little box was dead, and he didn know what to do. I disconnected the battery, cause he had no idea hwere the manual kill switch was. After all that he gave me no tip, i guess cause i didnt return the car technically. The POS. Anyway be glad you have it, and know where it is.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
um haha this is weird. i fiddled around with it and got the alarm to work... sort of.

it's a very odd system, and i haven't figured out how to use it.

it's a magadyne carbine system... the shock sensor is probably nonoperational.. looks like the alarm only uses 1 button on the remote. when i open my doors the parking lights flashes and the car gives a weak and slow beep...

oh well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts