SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a P11 Infiniti G20 (1999) And I'd like to buy the SE-R Turbo Kit, ecu and have it installed, is it possible

·
From Miami to New York
1,999 Posts
Of course it is, do some research dude and you shall get some answers, here newbie questions like these will not be answered by anyone. You have an SR20 just like everyone else on here so it wouldnt be an "SER tubo kit" so it is the same except for the intercooler piping which will have to be custom made by a shop

www.jgycustoms.com give them a call or check out their website

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes you can. An 99 is the only year you can get the ECU retuned by JWT. Any G20's after that JWT has not been able to retune the ECU.

So yes you can get a turbo setup for your 99 P11. Check out Jason at JGYcustoms.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For You Guys Suggestion And Kindly Answer My Qustion....now I Have A Few Qustion Wanna Ask....first Does The Turbo Pipe Fit For 99" G2o And Second Does Any One Know Or Can Install The Turbo Who Lives In Ma ??

·
change isn't always good
479 Posts
Kidd11 said:
Thanks For You Guys Suggestion And Kindly Answer My Qustion....now I Have A Few Qustion Wanna Ask....first Does The Turbo Pipe Fit For 99" G2o And Second Does Any One Know Or Can Install The Turbo Who Lives In Ma ??
I don't know exactly where you are in MA but there is a shop in New Britian CT. It's Hass Auto. He is on this board and you will see links for his site all over. That is where I am getting my kit for my P11 done. So if its not too far of a ride for you thats where I suggest you go. He seems very knowledgable about this and I have seen some of his work. I think I might be the first p11 he has done but I know he has done the sr motor several times. It's all pretty much the same though except for the intercooler. Hope this helped! And Jay if you see this post maybe I can get a little discount for the plug :D . JK!

·
G20.net stray
308 Posts
Sure can... there are three of us (actually probably more) over at g20.net that have them (me, mrfancypants, and carloSR) Both Mrfancy pants (greg) and me have the Disco Potato (GT28RS) but there are easier ways to go about it. Good luck, and drop on over to g20.net sometime and let us know how its going.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
ah.... if only the gt28rs had been out when i went turbo.... well, roughly 260whp out of my t25 ain't bad. And you can't go wrong with Jay Hass; he was one of the pioneers of nitrous and turbo se-r's. I think he still has the record ET for a 50 shot, and he even slowed down that run to not break out. He made 409whp on his DE like 4 years ago, before most people had even heard of a DET.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Kidd11 said:
I think JGYcustoms.com is near there as well. Check them out as well. They are good. Jason is the ish-it!
The turbo pipe? Are you talking about the turbo exhaust manifold, the downpipe ...?
Jason could make a Downpipe for you No problem.
Hop over to G20.net. Lots for friendly peeps with G20's.

·
G20.net stray
308 Posts
HiddenHands said:
I think JGYcustoms.com is near there as well. Check them out as well. They are good. Jason is the ish-it!
The turbo pipe? Are you talking about the turbo exhaust manifold, the downpipe ...?
Jason could make a Downpipe for you No problem.
Hop over to G20.net. Lots for friendly peeps with G20's.
Yea, I got my 3" mand bent down pipe from JGY (along w/ Jpipe and heatshields)... fits like a champ!
You are on your own as for I/C piping though. There a several different ways to run it too, so you can figure that one out if you like. I run mine under the radiator support so I can keep the A/C and it has a shorter route for quicker spool up.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
From the boston area it should be about 1-1/2 hours away from Hassauto. It is about 10 minutes off of I-91 or 84. The wife has a white P11 that will be going through Jay's shop sometime in the near future.

You should come down to the meet on May 15th! Check out the northeast forum under "CT meet schedule of events"! Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
129 Posts
not that it helps much, but i just finished my install on my p11. The standard parts fit (turbo manifold, turbo, jpipe) but the intercooler has to be custom made. The hardest part of the install is most likely getting the IC piping done, i hope you know a good welder :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
freaktroll said:
Sure can... there are three of us (actually probably more) over at g20.net that have them (me, mrfancypants, and carloSR) Both Mrfancy pants (greg) and me have the Disco Potato (GT28RS) but there are easier ways to go about it. Good luck, and drop on over to g20.net sometime and let us know how its going.
You totally left me off your list. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts