SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought the car.....clean windsheild. shortly after a crack in the lower left side formed. th car sat for about 2 weeks, took it out for a drive this evening spread the entire length on the windsheild, left to right. is it safe to drive till i get enough money in a few weeks to replace it?:confused:

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will hold up for a while watch for dickhead cops you can get a ticket for it.
i dont think i have to worry about that.......im on temp tags and havnt even inspected the car yet. really no way for them to ticket me on the cars condition

·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
i've driven cars with cracked windshields for years before, you'll be fine

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Christian Szell: Is it safe?... Is it safe?
Babe: You're talking to me?
Christian Szell: Is it safe?
Babe: Is what safe?
Babe: I don't know what you mean. I can't tell you something's safe or not, unless I know specifically what you're talking about.
Babe: Tell me what the "it" refers to.
Babe: Yes, it's safe, it's very safe, it's so safe you wouldn't believe it.
Babe: No. It's not safe, it's... very dangerous, be careful.

Movie anyone?

And yes, it is safe to drive with a cracked windshield, and legal in Texas, unless it actually obscures your vision. And that is a judgement call by the cops, however I've had one for years, horizontal, six inches above the dash, and two feet long. Below my vision, and never gotten a ticket for it, even when pulled over for other stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts