SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my clutch has always caught high. But, it also grabs well and doesn't slip. So, now it's catching extremely high. To the point where it doesn't seem to have room to grab. The pedal only needs to go a small distance, when I let go like normal, it almost seems to pop and the car will buck a little bit. It even stalled on startup this morning. Could this be resolved with a simple adjustment of the clutch cable? (I'm not too familiar with this since I've never done it)

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Def. sounds like the cable needs to be adjusted....

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Adjust that real soon or your clutch will go dead fast. It is constantly semi engaged at this point because there is not enough room to completely engage.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
92SE-R said:
Adjust that real soon or your clutch will go dead fast. It is constantly semi engaged at this point because there is not enough room to completely engage.
****!! I didn't even realize this. Ok, anything special about doing clutch cable adjustments on our cars? I'll jack up my baby later on.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
If you are facing your windsheild you turn the dial to the right (clockwise) to make your pedal engagement higher and to make the pedal engagement lower wich is what I think you need turn it to your left. (counter clockwise). It is very easy to do. Correct me if I am wrong but I am alomst positive I hope this helps bro! :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I fixed it! It took me about 15 mins due to several needs. I did not realize I would need a vise-grip and the wd-40 took a bit to do settle in. It was too bad after that. My clutch now catches in the middle. I may readjust it so it's a little higher, which i prefer. One side note: my pedal feels a LOT LESS stiff. It's really wierd. It was very stiff before, but that helped with the feel. It is rediculous how easy it is to push down now. Anyone else have this same experience?

Thanks for the help btw.:)

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
IMO, I would really adjust it to engage closer to the floor rather than in the middle. Just to make sure that when your pedal is completely released, you are fully engaged.

Terrin
92 SE-R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts