SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! A fellow SR20DE owner, Jason Schymanski just drove my '96 G20 because I kept saying it doesnt seem like my clutch grabs right. He thinks the same.

The car has 44,000 miles on it. The clutch grabs when fully engaged, but takes it's good ol' time doing it. The clutch does not slip, but rather slowly grabs. The grab point is probably a 2-3 inch pedal range if not more.

Any ideas? I have adjusted the cable several times, but can not seem to get a happy medium.

Thanks

By the way Jason has a 99 Sentra SE with mods outta the wazoo. He let me drive it tonight and it runs smooth. Fast!

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees)

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Run it till its dead, i just put an ACT extreme in and am having all kids of [email protected]%kin problems with it. When you do change get a heavy duty and six puck, the extreme is way too much overkill.

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Isn't there a difference with the G20, like it is a hydrualic clutch instead of cable? Would that make it feel different (and engage slower for that 'luxury' feel)?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">He let me drive it tonight and it runs smooth. Fast!</font>
Thanks. It needs some kind of limited slip really badly!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">. When you do change get a heavy duty and six puck, the extreme is way too much overkill.</font>
Saaby just reminded me that my ACT HD S/S clutch will hold 240 ft.lbs of torque. Its really easy to drive after 2 minutes of playing with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If he said that he adjusted the clutch cable, then the clutch is not hydraulic.

Does the clutch slip when you rev the car up? Drive along normally and get into secnd. Get up to about 3K RPMs and floor it. If the revs go up, but the car doesn't go anywhere, then your clutch is going. You can also try this in other gears on the highway. Be safe about it, though!

If your problem is that the clutch is just slipping on engagement, mine has done that since I had it replaced. It mainly does it after I drive the car in stop and go for a while. It's fine otherwise.

Ben
'93 NX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts