SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is my first forum post ever and am stoked to be apart of the community.

I have a few questions.
How do I find out weather my SR20DE is long block or short block? The engine is FWD and out of a P10 Primera (1993).

Also I have a Nissan Avenir if that is spelled correctly. They come 4WD auto and DET only to my knowledge and I wanted to take the DET motor out of that and shove it into the primera with a FWD box.

If anyone is willing to answer these questions I will greatly appreciate it, thank you.

·
4dr SE-R
379 Posts
Those 2 terms are used to determine the completeness of an engine

long block = engine block w/ cylinder head attached and no accessories

short block = engine block only. No cylinder head and no accessories

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, this is my first forum post ever and am stoked to be apart of the community.

I have a few questions.
How do I find out weather my SR20DE is long block or short block? The engine is FWD and out of a P10 Primera (1993).

Also I have a Nissan Avenir if that is spelled correctly. They come 4WD auto and DET only to my knowledge and I wanted to take the DET motor out of that and shove it into the primera with a FWD box.

If anyone is willing to answer these questions I will greatly appreciate it, thank you.
Long block is both head and block together. Short block is just the block ( bottom half ).
So if u have a full engine it's called long block . And about the det yes u cN put it in with the g20 transmission and call it a day . Hope it helps. ( u might just need to change over some sensors. That's all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts