SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my SE-R for 4 months now and when I shift into second I cannot bark the tires no matter how high in rpms I go.
-Do I need a new clutch?
-Does the limited slip prevent this?

( OOPS, fudged up on topic )

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Chirping in second just means you are losing traction! I used to be able to bark them in 2nd when I had my CAI and cheap tires. Then I got some kumhos and a JWT POP charger
and it'd only happen once in a while. After putting the ES Motor mount inserts in last week.. I can easily chirp 2nd again.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
When I was stock, I couldn't chirp second. With the CAI, header, pulleys, exhaust, and ECU I could chirp it pretty hard. Now that my clutch is on its way out I don't chirp second as hard. 50 shot, ACT, and ES mounts should do the trick.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Watch the 1/8 mile in-car drag race video over at my website to see what a 60-shot of nitrous does to the tires (drag radials) in second gear. Mine breaks 'em loose, but not too bad.
When it was *bone* stock, I could chirp 'em in second, but it took a lot of effort.
I wouldn't worry about it...

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Registered
415 Posts
When I got my new clutch at about 82,000 miles I could chrip into 2nd very easily. Then I got my rims and tires. I haven't chriped since. The clutch has had about 3,000 miles to break in more, and the tires provide more traction.

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake System
STILLEN Performance Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
195/50 ZR 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
i took my car out yesterday for the first time in a month, the 4 puck act clutch, all i can say is damn that clutch is sick! i sware to god i chirped in fourth gear!!! lol i could not believe it, it was on street tires.

------------------
92 NX2000 w/ primera swap, ACT 4 puck clutch, ES motor mounts, Hotshot headers, JWT ECU, A/C taken off, 75 shot of nitrous - want s4 cams and light flywheel.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a 92 SE-R stock with the original clutch. 77k miles and I can chirp them in 2nd easy. Even with VR rated Kuhmo 712 205x50x15's.

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
Registered
723 Posts
your clutch is worn or your tires are too grippy.

i've never really tried to do it, as i only rip through 1st or 2nd gear... I never ran through all 5 at redline.

I got some Goodyear Eagle HP tho... maybe i'll try it tomorrow

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I think my clutch needs a replacement.
When I slam it in second gear it takes a while to catch. :-(
oh well, I still kick ass.

·
Registered
202 Posts
On the rare occasion I redline my '94 I can get 2nd gear chirpage with 178K on the original clutch and Yoko AVS Intermediates. Very rare occasion, though, as evidenced by the mileage.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
With my T25 turbo and JWT clutch I can't chirp 1-2 anymore, it's more like breaking loose-wheelhop-fighting for traction than it is a chirp.
2-3 is easy to bark, even shifting at 5k

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice. I have a '93 se-r and can sometimes spin the 1-2 shift with new tires. bad suspension though...the weather has to be right...like in the 50's. when is is 90 my car feels like SH!T.

Otherwise I can chirp them on the reg
I/H/E

1 - 14 of 14 Posts