SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Nissan Sentra. I am not sure, but I think the engine is a B12, or at least that's what someone told me it was. You can check it out in my cars pics in the link in my sig. But I just wanted to know if anyone made a turbo for it and how much it costs if so.
Some of you are probably asking yourself why anyone would turbo a 4dr sentra xe. Well to answer that, I would have to say it's because I make a lousy 5.73 an hour get about 13-18 hours a week, and just had to spend $500 dollars fixing my car. which is as much as I payed for it in the first place. and no im not selling it because it is now in pretty good mechanical condition and it only has 130000 miles on it.
I wish I had more money. It sucks being 17.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Wow, don't boost that stock motor. It just won't hold up.

B12 is your chassis code by the way, not the motor.

I think you should do an SR20 swap on it. That will give you a very noticeable gain, and more reliable than boosting that stock motor you have. I have an sr in my 87 pulsar hatch, very nice setup. You will need mounts, tranny, harness, ecu and such, but it isn't bad at all. CHeck into that.

Brent

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
coach said:
Wow, don't boost that stock motor. It just won't hold up.

B12 is your chassis code by the way, not the motor.

I think you should do an SR20 swap on it. That will give you a very noticeable gain, and more reliable than boosting that stock motor you have. I have an sr in my 87 pulsar hatch, very nice setup. You will need mounts, tranny, harness, ecu and suck, but it isn't bad at all. CHeck into that.

Brent
Brent, Are you still selling "suck"? :tongue:

·
Registered
440 Posts
coach said:
You will need mounts, tranny, harness, ecu and suck, but it isn't bad at all. CHeck into that.

Brent
I too was wondering about where he could get a suck. :D

I second the SR in a B12. Seems like it would feel quite strong in the smaller, lighter B12.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
97SE-R C2 said:
Brent, Are you still selling "suck"? :tongue:
I wasn't selling anything haas, but typoes are what forums are all about, lol!

Brent

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I had the money for an sr20. If i did id just be the front clip from an sr20 silvia, but i work at a pizza hut sadly. it hurts my funding. as i only get 180 a check. i hope that will all change because ill be out of school soon and i will be promoted to a shift manager. more hours, more money, and less time to do anything with it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
90SentraXE said:
I wish I had the money for an sr20.
Dropping in an SR20DE would be cheaper than going turbo. I have heard of SR20DEs selling for as low as $300, maybe even less now. Thats alot less than getting all the parts together to go turbo.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
When I did my swap 5 years ago, I bought a wrecked SE-R for all of the parts I would need. I just had to fabricate mounts and splice a few wires. For now, head on over to www.nissanforums.com and check out the B12 section. There are alot of cheap things you can do to the car to make it more enjoyable. Such as better seats from Sentra sport coupes, they can usually be found at a junkyard for cheap. Pulsar swaybars for better handling, there are short shifter and suspension items available for the car as well. You can even use B13 strut tower bars. theres plenty of things to get you start until you can save up the money to do it right. I, like you, have had my car since I was 17, now look at her.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts