SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
looks like the one i got with my act. except yours says exedy...wtf?

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
my act looks exactly like that as well. I have heard though that they use different discs sometimes...and that the pressure plates are really the only good thing that ACT makes. i dunno how true that is though, read it on these forums somewhere.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I got the same disc with both of my ACT setups. I have that disk in my det se-r with the stock pressure plate and it has held 8psi no prob for about 35k miles now. I have to be very carefull about making sure its fully engeged before getting on the gas though. I had one of the extreme pp that were defective a couple years ago and I havn't gotten around to swapping a new one in yet :)

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
NuttyNate said:
my act looks exactly like that as well. I have heard though that they use different discs sometimes...and that the pressure plates are really the only good thing that ACT makes. i dunno how true that is though, read it on these forums somewhere.
On the 'SS' discs, they use the original hub from discs and modify the marcel. So, in your case they took the original disc which was made by 'daikin' and modified the marcel.

-saaby

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
ACT uses the stock disc and puts a different contact surface on it. Excedy supply's them with their discs and pressure plates. usually you get everything with an ACT logo. The marcel is actually the section between the contact surfaces. it flexes during use and helps for easier engagement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts