SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend got me a price on a det swap into a b14 1.6 liter. The price was $3000. Its for the engine, everything that is needed (tranny ecu, wiring, etc) and they are converting my car from auto to manual. I'm in miami and i think the place was called "Perez Hermanos". Any input would be appreciated and if anyone has any good things or bad things to say about the shop i would be happy to here it. Andreas I'm in miami so if u can hook me up with some info, what can u get everything for??? do u install??? do u have any recommendations? your help will be very appreciated.

TIA
Yaniel

·
Registered
596 Posts
That is a fantastic price. I paid more than that to swap a JDM SR20DE into my 1.6 93 Sentra XE. I also had the auto to manual conversion. If they are a good shop, then you are getting a good deal. With that price, they are charging practically nothing for labor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are u pleased with the auto to manual conversion? does it feel and look stock? if u did the conversion separate from the motor swap how much did they charge u for just the conversion parts and labor etc?

thanks
Yaniel

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah, I am pleased with the auto to manual conversion. They did a good job, and the look and feel is stock-like. Doesn't feel like it was ever an auto anymore. :)

I cannot say how much the auto to manual swap alone would have been because I'm not sure they would have done it. I think it was easier to just do the engine and tranny together, but I'm not sure.

I have some pics of the car in the memebr rides forum under Pic of my ugly 93. The interior is messed up because the wiring was being worked on for something else, but you can see where the clutch is at least.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definately going to be doing the engine swap and tranny conversion some time in late december early january. I'm very happy with the price they gave me, the only thing i'm wondering is if its a bb or gti-r, if its the gti-r i'll probably wet my pants :D And which ever i get it'll be a really big jump from my 91 horsepower ga16, from 18's to 13's or 14's :eek: . oh wow i cant stop smiling :D :) :D

Yaniel

·
Registered
267 Posts
That price, including labor seems *way* too cheap. I would be suspicious of what you get for your $3,000.

Look at it like this:

1. avg Bluebird $1800-2000 w/ECU
2. manual tranny $400-500
3. downpipe $100-175
4. clutch $350

Even with just these parts alone, you area already at $3000. There are still other parts you need, turbo timer, fluids, etc...

Average labor for a swap like this is $1000 to $1500. Like someone already said, it is like they are doing the swap for free.

Also, if you go to their website, they show a pic of a Bluebird motor under the link of a GTi-R motor. Either they do not know what they are talking about or it was an error, but that should show you something right there.

I would plan on spending around $6000 (with labor) or a good swap with a front mount intercooler, etc...

This price would include replacing the seals, rod bearings,and all other wear items that can lead to problems if they are in bad shape. Most shops do not include this service in the price of the swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.