SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bb t25 set up with 370ccs. I want to run this with a fmic and a walbro 255lph fuel pump on the stock ecu. Will this be safe to run whyle I am saveing up for my jwt ecu?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
It will run very rich. Also keep in mind that with the Walboro fuel pump you fuel pressure may go through the roof causing the car to run even richer. You may need to get a FPR to adjust the pressure down a bit to lean the car out. If you are saving the money up for the JWT ECU I would say just wait until you get the ECU or any other means of messing with the fuel before you decied to to the turbo install. JMHO!

·
Genetic Freak
252 Posts
trophy said:
I have a bb t25 set up with 370ccs. I want to run this with a fmic and a walbro 255lph fuel pump on the stock ecu. Will this be safe to run whyle I am saveing up for my jwt ecu?
I have known a few people who have done this. Everyone one of their cars ran extremely well and very rich, they only got about 12-14 mpg. If you decide to do this, I wouldn't run your car above stock boost and I wouldn't reem on it too much. What ever you decide to do just be smart about it, it's not worth blowing your engine over a $500 ECU.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
There is a post on some of the stuff you can install before you put your turbo in... That way it's easier to troubleshoot problems vs. installing everything at once...

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Wow, get a greddy emanage and take a couple weeks of saving off. Then do it all at once.

Brent

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
It will idle like ass and run really rich. My Emanage reset itsaelf after siting in storage for 7 months without a battery, so now my car is running the same way. I get a max of 250km to a full tank of gas, babying the car.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
u r gonna run hella ****in rich

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, just got a quick question.
Would it be safe to run a T25 setup with TMIC and 370inj's on a stock ECU and fuel pump, if I was just running stock boost? How long could you safely run like that before having to get an SAFC. (this is if you didn't want to use a JWT ecu.)?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
^^^ I've already read that thread. I was just hoping someone who was doing / has done this would post up their experience.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
I would be surprised if it would even run below 4K rpm, with the walbro and 370cc assuming you are using a stock fpr. too rich

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, thanks guys. I guess ill wait for the ecu.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
OK i was just reading and i am doing may swap in a month and i have been reading postlike i am college. So running the bb ECU will
not run as rich as the usdm ecu.

So i can counter this problem (usdm ecu) with not upgrading my fuel pump running stock boost at best at that while i figure out btw JWT and emamage as well as all the other options.

I am kinda confused? what will it take the car to run decent before tuning

trini

trophy said:
Ok, thanks guys. I guess ill wait for the ecu.

·
The Anal Rententive Tuner
244 Posts
without any type of adjusted fuel map you are going to run rich, if it runs at all. is it safe? sorta, but "sorta" leads to problems. save your money love yourself and your car and wait to do it right the first time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts