SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I have a bad alternator. And my the symptoms of my cars behavior, slow as a civic dx, rough idle, and hesitation. My NX has 157k and I changed the spark plugs, cap, rotor, and fuel filter. The new alternator and new 02 sensor are supposed to arrive at my house on wed or thurs. but i just started my car and i listened to my exhaust and it sounds like i have my exhaust done and man does it stink!!! is this a sign that maybe something is wrong with my cat? I plan on getting a new muffler so that will be replaced anyways, should i invest in a new cat and what kind should i get?

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake and more to come!!!!!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
The smell is sometimes attributed to a cat bout to die. But if you are working on the exhaust and have an old car you might as well get a new cat. Get a Random Technology Cat. Its a pretty high flow one, and WAYYYY cheaper than a stock one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,any suggestion on where to order one from?

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
catco? never heard of them, I found a place selling the random tech. cat for $179, is that a pretty good deal?

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the stock one for you guys is not that much more than the random, it is us 98+ guys that get killed. like 700 bux or so for us

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

G

·
0 Posts
I can will e-mail you a site I was looking at when I thought my cat was clogged, and I wanted a Random cat-it's 179$+shipping. BTW, I followed the EGR/BPT cleaning advice and changed the O2 sensor, and that problem with the funky smell has largely dissipated, and hasn't returned. However, the Random cat is free HP anyway, so, why not?

G

·
0 Posts
WTF!!!! Vegita, I tried sending you a link to that site, but I keep getting a return message that "Mail undeliverable because said user does not have a Yahoo mail account"....Anyway, the website is lightningmotorsports.com/ Look under their Random section, and the Sentra application is about 1/2 way dowm the page. Good Luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts