SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the differences between the DET and the DE:

The DET has oil squirter piston coolers - ***What are these and where are they located?

The DET has a bigger oil pump. - ***Obviously and I guess most people are using like the 300ZX one right?

The DET has a different front pulley. - ***People are getting pullies changed out to aftermarket ones...will that take care of this problem or is there a different aftermarket version for this different pully.

The DET has lower compression pistons (8.3:1 vs 9.5:1). - ***Should I go for these different pistons or should I go for aftermarket ones for high boost purposes?

The DET has bigger injectors. - ***Everyone again uses the 300ZX injectors right?

The DET has direct ignition. - ***What is this? Don't yell at me I will go try to find out about it now but if someone has a quick answer I would appreciate it.

The DET has a variable intake cam, runs retarded at idle, advanced mid range and retarded top end. The DET has mechanical shim in bucket type lifters with a slightly bigger in duration exhaust cam. - ***Just get aftermarket cams or are these really good for the turbo application? I was thinking stillen.

***Do I really need the following and how would each help me? Would I really only need like one out of three or two out of three? I know stronger rods are a HUGE help but I am talking like maybe wanting to run 12s..nothing more. I can NOS my way to 11s once I get to 12s.

The GTi-R DET has individual Throttle body injection.
The GTi-R DET has stronger main cap bolts.
The GTi-R DET has beefier rods.

***Just about all the parts between a DET and a DE interchange.*** <---- This line scares the crap out of me. Just about?!?!? What is missing that might be really important. Obviously all the turbo components, but besides that.

I want to thank anyone who can help me with this in advance. I have always been Honda and to get into an engine with so much more possibilities has forced me to take on the challenge of turbo.

~91 SE-R Classic
~R.I.P. 93 SE-R Classic in a 15 foot ditch before I knew what I had 3 years ago.

[This message has been edited by Nexidus (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oil squirters are in the block. They shoot oil up at the bottom of the piston (IIRC) for cooling purposes. The Oil pump on the DET is bigger. I don't think its the 300Z oil pump that they use. At least not to my memory. They do tend to upgrade to the 300Z fuel pump though when turning up the boost. Stock DE/DET pistons are good for insane amounts of boost as long as the car is tuned. As an extra measure most people swain coat them. The GTi-R has 8.3:1 pistons while the Bluebird has 8.5:1. American DE's are 9.5:1 and have withstood 400whp daily driven. The DET has 370cc injectors I can't remember what exactly the DE's have but I think the ones from a 300Z or Q45 work. I thought only the RWD DET's (Silvia, 180SX) used direct fire ignition. I think its coil packs instead of our distributor set up. I think. Can't remember and I'm like really sleepy but I'll keep writing. AFAIK the RWD DET's had the variable intake cam (vtc variable timing control) that retarded and advanced the cam timing and I thought it was only on the S14 and S15. okay I'm gonna go to sleep now. But I hope that helped some.

Mel

·
Registered
782 Posts
Here are some differnces:

1.GTiR DET 2.BlueBird DET 3.US DE

Oil Squirters: 1.Yes 2.Yes 3.No

Compression Ratio: 1. 8.3:1 2. 8.5:1 3. 9.5:1

Oil Pump: 1. Larger Oil Pump 2. DE Oil Pump 3. DE Oil Pump

Coolant Type Oil Cooler: 1. Larger 2. Smaller 3. None

Lifters: 1. Solid 2. Hydrolic 3. Hydrolic

Valves: 1. Sodium Filled 2.Sodium Filled 3. Standard

Turbo: 1. T28 2. T25 3. None

Injectors: 1. 444cc 2.370cc 3. 259cc

TB's: 1. Individual 2. Single 3. Single

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Here are some differnces:

1.GTiR DET 2.BlueBird DET 3.US DE

Oil Squirters: 1.Yes 2.Yes 3.No

Compression Ratio: 1. 8.3:1 2. 8.5:1 3. 9.5:1

Oil Pump: 1. Larger Oil Pump 2. DE Oil Pump 3. DE Oil Pump

Pulley: 1. Larger 2.DE Pulley 3.DE Pulley

Coolant Type Oil Cooler: 1. Larger 2. Smaller 3. None

Lifters: 1. Solid 2. Hydrolic 3. Hydrolic

Valves: 1. Sodium Filled 2.Sodium Filled 3. Standard

Turbo: 1. T28 2. T25 3. None

Injectors: 1. 444cc 2.370cc 3. 259cc

TB's: 1. Individual 2. Single 3. Single

I hope this helps!

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 12.0 @ 118.77, Bluebird SR20DET, T3/T04E, Deltagate Wastegate, FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Yokohama 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

[This message has been edited by APEXSER (edited 07-25-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts