SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think their idea was more to remind you to take your key when you are leaving the car. Most cars beep in the last position if the door is open, not the program Nissan is on. Yes, it is quite bothersome (though I do dislike the beep more when I am getting in to go, as opposed to getting out and leaving).

G

·
0 Posts
When my key is in the ignition (off position), lights off, doors closed, I get a beep, beep, beep, . . .Goes on indefinitely.

When my key is in the ignition (ACC position), lights off, door closed, I get the beep. Again, goes on indefinitely. Makes it real hard to listen to the stereo.

When my key is in the ignition (ON position), lights off, door closed, I get three or four beeps, then silence.

Doesn't seem right and I don't see anything like that in the owners' manual. What's up? Is that the way it's supposed to work?

TIA
Keith, M.C.
(mechanically challenged)

·
Registered
858 Posts
normal chief! same here.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The last four beeps are to remind you to put your seat belt on. Of course since you alread put your seat belt on, if you unplug the connector under the driver's seat, the last four beeps will go away.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts